The Weekend Top 10 is brought to you by SchoolFair ATX, the only FREE school fair that brings together 75+ preschools, private schools, alternative, homeschooling groups, and enrichment programs from all over the Austin area. SchoolFair ATX, happening on Sunday, November 8, offers FREE talks on preschools, bi/multilingual education, gifted and talented programs, non-traditional education, and enrichment opportunities in the arts, sports and technology for preschool and elementary aged kids. Plus, the first 100 people through the door on Sunday will get a FREE swag bag!
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
Weekend Top 10 FREE Events
Even though we’re between holidays this weekend, there are lots of fun festivals to attend that hopefully won’t get rained out. Please check with individual websites for any rain delays or cancelations. And, if you’re ready to get a jump-start on your holiday shopping, check out the “shopportunities” we’ve listed below!
- As You Like It – Friday-Sunday, November 6-8 at 7:30 p.m. En Route Productions and Shakespeare On The Farm present As You Like It. Bring a blanket and enjoy the Bard with an assortment of free beverages. Anyone and everyone is welcome. Shakespeare on The Farm is FREE, but donations are appreciated. This event will be canceled in the event of rain, so please check Facebook for updates. Rain Lily Farm, 914 Shady Ln, Austin.
- FARE Walk for Food Allergy – Saturday, November 7 at 9 a.m. FARE’s mission is to find a cure for food allergies, and to keep individuals with food allergies safe and included. This family-friendly event, presented by Mylan, seeks to raise funds and awareness for food allergy research, education, advocacy and awareness. In addition to the walk, there will be live music and family-friendly activities including a moon bounce, face painting, tattoos, games, various sponsor booths, and a cool photo booth. Register for the walk here. Registration is FREE. Camp Mabry, 2200 W 35th St, Austin.
- Close Assault: 1944 – Saturday and Sunday, November 7 and 8 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Remember the true meaning of Veterans Day with this stirring look back at World War II. Close Assault 1944 honors the service and sacrifice of America’s veterans by focusing on the history of the 36th Infantry Division of the Texas Army National Guard during World War II. The FREE program, now in its eighth year, features members of the Texas Military Forces Living History Detachment exhibiting the uniform and equipment worn by the American GI in the European Theater of the Second World War, as well as those of his German opponent. In addition, the two-day event will provide guests the opportunity to witness firing demonstrations of the most famous U.S. and German small arms of World War II, as well as see everything from tents and radio equipment to GI baseball gloves and mess kits and operational vehicles such as an M4 Sherman Tank, M3 Halftrack and Jeeps. The event will take place rain or shine and bleachers will be available for seating. Souvenirs and concessions will be available. Show times are at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. both days. The 45,000 square-foot Texas Military Forces Museum will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the weekend and on Veteran’s Day as well. Both the program and admission to the museum are free. Camp Mabry is open to the public and adults will need to show a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license or a military ID to come on post. Camp Mabry, 2200 W 35th Street, Austin.
- Hays Veterans MusicFest (Kyle) – Saturday, November 7 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Sunday, November 8 from 1-6 p.m. Honoring all military veterans from the surrounding area of Austin, Buda, Kyle, San Marcos. Featuring live music, FREE family fun, and a chili cook off. Gregg-Clarke Park, 1300 W. Center Street, Kyle.
- Fall Festival at Austin Nature and Science Center – Saturday, November 7 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. FREE family event. All ages welcome! Learn interesting facts about the resident wildlife, see a bat and an owl up close, examine differences in animals teeth, fur, and skeletons, find constellations in the planetarium, and explore the nature preserve on a guided hike. Austin Nature and Science Center, 2389 Stratford Dr, Austin.
- East Austin Community Fall Fest – Saturday, November 7 from 1-6 p.m. This family-friendly annual festival supported by the McKinley Heights, Clifford Sanchez, and Homewood Heights Neighborhood Associations gives an opportunity for neighbors to meet each other, enjoy food, vendors, and live music. Admission is FREE with a suggested donation of three non-perishable food and monetary donations for the food bank. Visit the Facebook event page for updates. Space 12, 3121 E 12th St, Austin.
- Día de los Muertos Procession and Festival (Round Rock) – Saturday, November 7 from 4-9 p.m. Join the Williamson County Hispanic Heritage Committee, Round Rock Ballet Folklorico, City of Round Rock, Round Rock Arts, and Univision for the third annual Día de los Muertos procession and festival. Día de los Muertos is a traditional Mesoamerican holiday dedicated to the ancestors; it honors both death and the cycle of life. There will be crafts and activities for kids and art, craft and food vendors. San Antonio-based Las Monas Performance Group, which includes giant, interactive puppets, will also be at the event. Performers include Singer Nicole Reyes, Round Rock Ballet Folklorico, ballet folklorico groups from Round Rock High School, Stony Point High School and Cedar Ridge High School, Hopewell Middle School Mariachis, Folkloric Dance Collaborative, and Latin Band Son de Rey. More info here. Prete Main Street Plaza, 221 E. Main Street., Round Rock.
- Southpark After Dark Concert Series: Marcia Ball – Saturday, November 7 from 7-10 p.m. Fun for the entire family at The Grove. Southpark Meadows, 9300 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Austin.
- Saturday Night Concert Series: Trees Marie (Bee Cave) – Saturday, November 7 from 7-9 p.m. Enjoy Saturday nights outdoors with live folk/blues music, free kids activities, and great shopping. The music begins at 7 p.m. in the Hill Country Galleria’s outdoor amphitheater. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this FREE event every Saturday night. Bring your family, friends, and a blanket to lounge on the grassy lawn during the show. Browse the vendors, order to-go food and have it delivered to your spot on the grassy lawn. Arrive early to ensure you get a free swag bag filled with fun items and discounts from the Hill Country Galleria merchants and sponsors. Sun Radio 100.1FM will be on-site to emcee the event and introduce you to the band. Hill Country Galleria, 12700 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave.
- SchoolFairATX – Sunday, November 8 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. SchoolFair ATX is the only FREE school fair that brings together 75+ preschools, private schools, alternative, homeschooling groups and enrichment programs from all over the Austin area. SchoolFair ATX also offers free talks on preschools, bi/multilingual education, gifted and talented programs, non-traditional education, and enrichment opportunities in the arts, sports and technology for preschool and elementary aged kids. PLUS – plenty of family fun! FREE with RSVP and 2 gently used books or 1 new book! Books will be donated to BookSpring, a 501 (c)(3) advocating for early literacy and learning for Austin-area children. The first 100 people through the door on Sunday will get a FREE swag bag! 7811 & 7817 Rockwood Lane, Austin.
- Rockin’ Dudz Kids Consignment Event – Saturday, November 7 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Sunday, November 8 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Best Lil’ Rockin’ Children’s Consignment Event in Texas! Shop for gently loved pre-owned and new newborn-junior items. Visit the craft and vendor displays for unique Christmas gifts and more! Frank Fickett Boy Scout Center, 12500 North IH-35, Austin.
- Austin Flea – Saturday, November 7 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. The Flea features all local handmade items and vintage wares from some of Austin’s most amazing and talented vendors. Find one-of-a-kind gifts for any occasion including jewelry, glasswork, clothing, original artwork, paper goods, textiles, bath and beauty products, vintage and so much more! Handmade. Vintage. Local. Entrance to the event is FREE and open to all ages. The Highball, 1120 S Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- The Settlement Home Charity Garage & Estate Sale – Saturday, November 7 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, November 8 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Each year, more than 25,000 shoppers flock to The Settlement Home Charity Garage & Estate Sale at Palmer Events Center to get their hands on unique items and bargain priced merchandise. Shoppers can browse in 21 different departments, including clothing, shoes, jewelry, toys, furniture, books, linen, art, holiday items and more. There is something for everyone at The Sale! 100% of the proceeds from this sale go to The Settlement Home for Children. FREE admission! From 3–5 p.m. on Sunday, purchase an empty box to fill at the Box Sale! Palmer Event Center, 900 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Fall Festival and Craft Show (R0und Rock) – Sunday, November 8 from 2-5 p.m. There will be many games to play, a bounce house, petting zoo, craft show, great food, and much more. Bring your kids and friends to enjoy a great afternoon of fun activities. All activities are FREE. Items will be offered for sale at the craft show. Round Rock Presbyterian Church, 4010 Sam Bass Rd, Round Rock.
Nearly Free Fun
- Austin Powwow – Saturday, November 7 from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Indian market, food court, heritage stage, and dance contests. Admission is $5 (parking included). Children 18 and under are FREE! Toney Burger Center, 3200 Jones Rd, Austin.
You May Also Be Interested In
- 2015 Veterans Day Events & Freebies
- Holiday Bazaars, Markets & Craft Shows
- Free Date Nights in Austin
- Like a Local: Top 5 Austin Art Events
- 40 “Don’t Miss” November Events in Austin
- Halloween Candy Buy Back Program
- Ways to Volunteer as a Family
- Review and Giveaway: Winnie the Pooh at ZACH Theatre
- …and more on our Free Fun Calendar!