Start making out your gift lists, because this is a huge weekend for holiday shopping! Check out our complete list of holiday markets and craft shows, or read below for this weekend’s featured fairs. If you’re planning ahead, check out 40 “don’t miss” free events in November!
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
Top 10 FREE Weekend Events
- Creek Show – Friday-Sunday, November 13-15 from 6-10 p.m. each night. Presented by the Waller Creek Conservancy, Creek Show is a way to celebrate Waller Creek and bring awareness to the future transformation coming to the creek, trails and surrounding parks. During Creek Show, everyone is invited to experience the creek in a safe, fun, family-friendly environment. The event launched in 2014 as a one-night event and returns this year in an expanded, nine-night format. Five art installations designed by local artists, architects, and landscape architects are the main attraction and can be viewed at any time between November 13 and November 21. Because they are all light-based, they are best viewed at night and are all located along Waller Creek between 5th St and 8th St. This section of the creek is home to many fantastic local businesses who are partnering with the Waller Creek Conservancy to make Creek Show happen. In addition to the ongoing light installations, which are FREE and open to the public, there will be a number of special events during this special time. Check the Facebook page for updates. Along Waller Creek between 5th and 8th St., Austin.
- Santa’s Arrival at Lakeline Mall – Saturday, November 14 from 12-2 p.m. Up on the mall-top reindeer call, out jumps good ol’ Santa Claus! Austin-area families are invited to celebrate the joy of the holiday season and welcome jolly ol’ Saint Nick and his elves to Lakeline Mall when he arrives on Saturday. Kidgits are invited to do arts and crafts, grab a goodie bag and meet Santa Claus himself. After meeting everyone on the nice list, Santa will take his place in the Dillard’s Women’s Court Winter Wonderland, where he will pose for photos and listen to holiday wishes through Christmas Eve. (Reservations are required for photos. Please make an appointment.) Lakeline Mall – Dillard’s Women’s Court, 11200 Lakeline Mall Dr, Cedar Park.
- Second Saturdays at Laguna Gloria – Saturday, November 14 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Every second Saturday of the month, The Contemporary Austin offers FREE hands-on art-making workshops at Laguna Gloria, inspired by the exhibitions on view. See family-friendly performances, meet local artists, and make art to take home. Recommended for ages 2–11. Drop in and create! Hidden Histories performance times are at 12, 1, and 2 p.m. Laguna Gloria, 3809 W 35th St., Austin.
- East Austin Studio Tour (EAST) – Saturday and Sunday, November 14-15 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. EAST is a FREE, annual, self-guided art event occurring over two weekends in November, providing the public with an opportunity to meet the makers: the local artists and artisans who leave a lasting imprint on Austin’s vibrant, dynamic culture. Tour-goers are invited to discover new artistic talent, see working studios, learn about artists’ tools, techniques, and inspirations, and explore unique exhibition spaces and local businesses. Kick off your tour on Saturday with the EAST Community Breakfast! Austin Tinkering School will be onsite with activities for all ages. Build and race a car down a 60-ft Nerdy Derby track or make electrical circuits on paper. Take home a light up greeting card, make origami animals come to life, or build a three-dimensional pop up sculpture with working lights. East Austin.
- Homeslice Carnival O Pizza – Saturday, November 14 from 12-7 p.m. Another afternoon of pizza-themed zaniness in South Austin is right around the corner! The carnival is at once a celebration of the art of hand tossed pizza, a 10th birthday party for the restaurant, and a charitable endeavor intended to give back to the neighborhood and the community that has made Home Slice one of Austin’s favorite eateries. Admission and entertainment is FREE; carnival games cost extra. Home Slice Pizza, 1415 South Congress Avenue, Austin.
- Southpark After Dark Concert Series: Bri Bagwell – Saturday, November 14 from 7-10 p.m. FREE fun for the entire family at The Grove. Southpark Meadows, 9300 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Austin.
- Fountainwood Observatory Public Viewing Night – Saturday, November 14 from 9-10:30 p.m. Fountainwood Viewing Nights are always FREE and open to the public. The Observatory is located on the northeast side of campus adjacent to the Rockwell Baseball Field. On hand to guide viewing will be S.U. Physics Department faculty and talented observers from the Williamson County Astronomy Club. For up-to-date news and information about public viewing nights – including weather-related updates – call the Fountainwood Observatory Hotline at 512-863-1242. Southwestern University, 1001 E University Ave, Georgetown.
- Bliss Bash – Sunday, November 15 from 12-5 p.m. Bliss Bash is a family friendly event hosted by Moontower Saloon to benefit Bliss Kid Yoga. Bliss Kid Yoga is a nonprofit dedicated to providing yoga programs for children, families and educators in order to help nurture physical and emotional health within the community. FREE yoga classes for kids at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. (Spanish bilingual and ASL interpreter available), plus a raffle, free books, vendors, face-painting, live music, crafts, and more. Moontower Saloon, 10212 Manchaca Rd, Austin.
- American Girl/ French Bakery Party and Book Signing – Sunday, November 15 from 1-3 p.m. FREE Book Launch Event and Party! Bring your American Girl doll, buy a signed copy of Barbara Beery’s newest children’s cookbook, My First French Bakery, frost and decorate French vanilla cupcakes and enjoy Parisian hot chocolate. Foodie Kids Austin, 3818 Far West Blvd, Ste 107, Austin.
- Austin Art in Public Places Party for the People – Sunday, November 15 from 2-4 p.m. Austin Art in Public Places is celebrating 30 years of spectacular and surprising public art all around Austin! Grab a friend and head to one of our city’s most iconic public art pieces: Open Room Austin (which may be better known as the giant picnic table near the Seaholm Power Plant). Austin Bike Zoo is bringing their butterfly bike and Niz Graphics will create a live painting of a giant birthday card for everyone to sign. Yes Ma’am Brass Band will carry partygoers out in a grand way. Family friendly and FREE! Sand Beach Park, 115 Sandra Muraida Way, Austin.
Nearly Free Fun
- Fossil Fest – Saturday and Sunday, November 14-15 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Learn about the fossils in your backyard. The Paleontological Society of Austin is sponsoring the 25th Annual Fossil Fest at Old Settlers Association Headquarters. Admission to Fossil Fest is $3 for adults, $2 for students, and FREE for children under 6. Tickets may be purchased at the door on the day of event. Cash only. Event flyer with map. Old Settlers Association Headquarters, 3300 Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock.
- Christmas Spectacular (Georgetown) – Friday, November 13 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. The First Baptist Church Children’s Weekday Education Center Christmas Spectacular is one of the best shopping events in the Georgetown area. Shop at booths offering unique and creative items including jewelry, clothing, pottery, children’s items, home furnishings, gourmet foods, floral and Christmas decorations. First Baptist Church, 1333 W University Ave, Georgetown.
- ATX Artisans Holiday Market – Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Austin area artisans bring you a shopping experience you can only find with unique handmade items. There will be gifts for everyone on your list including jewelry, visual arts, pottery, home & garden decor, candles and soaps, toys and plush animals, women’s and kids’ accessories, and much more. Norris Conference Center, Red Oak Ballroom, 2525 W Anderson Ln, Austin.
- Holiday Bazaar and Craft Show (Round Rock) – Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. A variety of vendors will be present for you to start shopping for unique and handcrafted items, plus live music. Admission is FREE, but please bring a canned good donation for the Round Rock Serving Center. A shuttle will be run from the Randall’s parking lot, on the corner of AW Grimes and Gattis School Road, from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Please park in the rear of the Randall’s parking lot. Clay Madsen Center, 1600 Gattis School Road, Round Rock.
- Holiday Bazaar – Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Come by to shop for the holidays. There are typically great deals on a wide variety of gifts and fun items, including ornaments, cards, jewelry, handbags, treats, Christmas decorations, toys, gourmet foods, candles, and more. Shoppers can enjoy live performances by Connally student groups and other local talent, coffee and yummy breakfast, lunch, and dessert items. Admission is FREE, parking is free, and all the proceeds fund student scholarships and other PTA programs. Connally High School, 13212 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Market of Hope (Round Rock) – Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Market of Hope is a non-profit organization with a passion to see American markets create change in the lives of underprivileged families around the world for generations to come. They partner with ministries and social enterprises that minister to the needs of the world’s most vulnerable, and give them opportunity to be empowered to lift themselves out of poverty and desperation via artisanship and access to the purchasing power of developed markets. Market of Hope purchases products from their partners and sells them at large Market Days and other events, creating steady income streams for their partners and their artisans. Main Street Plaza, 221 E Main St., Round Rock.
- Children’s Business Fair – Saturday, November 14 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Acton Academy North in Round Rock’s Children’s Business Fair will host 30 young entrepreneurs. Kids create a product or service, develop a brand, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at this one-day marketplace. The children are responsible for the setup, sales, and interacting with customers. This event is FREE and open to the public. Acton Academy North, 1300 N Mays St, Round Rock.
- Artreach Fair Trade Gift Fair – Saturday, November 14 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Shop once, give twice. At Artreach, you can find beautifully handcrafted toys, jewelry, coffee, and bags to GIVE to everyone on your list. And you can GIVE opportunity, encouragement and joy to hard-working artisans throughout the world. Westover Hills Church, 8332 Mesa Dr., Austin.
- Laura’s Library Artisan’s Market – Saturday, November 14 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Laura’s Library Artisans’ Market is a craft show featuring more than 20 unique, local artists and a silent auction! There will also be two food trucks: LoadABowl and mmmpanadas. The show benefits the Friends of the Westbank Library organization, which supports many of the programs at the library. Admission is FREE and the market will happen rain or shine. Laura’s Library, 9411 Bee Cave Rd, Austin.
- Handmade for the Holidays – Saturday, November 14 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Come get your handmade gifts for the holiday season made by Austin Mompreneurs! There is a parking lot across the street which makes for easy access to the event. And there will be bloody marys, mimosas, and iced coffee to keep you hydrated and energized! Yes, the event is being held at a bar, but it will be closed to the public and open for this event only, so bring the family! There is a wonderful 100% fenced-in outside patio and grass area. Full Circle Bar, 1810 E 12th St, Austin.
- The Flea – Saturday, November 14 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. The Flea features all local handmade items and vintage wares from some of Austin’s most amazing and talented vendors. Find one-of-a-kind gifts for any occasion including jewelry, bath/body products, vintage, original artwork, paper goods, textiles and so much more. Entrance to the event is FREE and open to all ages. Handmade. Vintage. Local. in.gredients, 2610 Manor Rd., Austin.
- Christmas Shopping Extravaganza (Round Rock) – Saturday, November 14 from 12-4 p.m. The heart of this event is to showcase local business women and their talents along with raising money for a great cause. There will be great vendors to shop from and admission is FREE! Grace Presbyterian Church, 1705 Gattis School Rd, Round Rock.
- The Rusty Mule Holiday Bazaar – Saturday, November 14 from 2-5 p.m. The Holidays are right around the corner. Come shop and sip as you prepare for this Holiday season! Find booths filled with holiday nick knacks and gifts. The Rusty Mule, 9201 Highway 290 W, Austin.
- Citizen Smalls Launch Party – Sunday, November 15 from 2-4 p.m. Hip fashion for the smalls, tons of family fun, vino, beer, and bites. Please RSVP. El Gaucho Winery, 21301 Kathy Ln., Spicewood.
You may also be interested in
- Free Date Nights in Austin
- Free Art Events in Austin This Week
- Free Thanksgiving Meals in Austin
- Giveaway: Austin Events Calendar
- Family Volunteer Options in Austin
- 40 Don’t Miss Free Events in Austin This Month
- Holiday Bazaars, Markets & Craft Shows in Austin
- … and more on our Free Fun Calendar!