- Flying Balalaika Brothers at Central Market North – Friday, February 6, from 6:30-9 p.m. Enjoy a FREE concert on the patio while kids explore the nearby playscape. Flying Balalaika Brothers play Russian/Texan Gypsy Music. Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd., Austin.
- Texas Wildlife Day – Saturday, February 7. Museum exhibits are open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and the activities run from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Celebrate everything feathered, furred, smooth and scaled at Texas Memorial Museum! FREE admission and FREE family-friendly activities hosted by science educators and members of Texas Master Naturalists. Activities include: Explore Butterfly Metamorphosis, I Toad You We’re Not Frogs!, Identify Skulls and Skins, We Love Bats!, Badger Basics: Texas Tough, Sometimes Gruff!, and Make a Pine Cone Bird Feeder. Click here for parking information. Texas Memorial Museum, 2400 Trinity Street, Austin.
- Kids’ Workshop: Build a Heart Box – Saturday, February 7, from 9 a.m. – noon. Build a Heart Box at this workshop designed to teach children ages 5-12 do-it-yourself skills and tool safety. All kids go home with their craft, a certificate of achievement, a workshop apron, and a sense of pride and accomplishment. One workshop kit and apron per child, while supplies last. Registration is requested here. FREE! Your local Home Depot store.
- Bright Horizons at Bee Cave Grand Opening Celebration (Bee Cave) – Saturday, February 7, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Photo opportunity with the Snow Queen, live music from Mr. Will and Joe McDermott, children’s activities, face painting, raffle prizes, refreshments, and more! This event is FREE and open to the public! Bright Horizons at Bee Cave, 14058 Bee Cave Pkwy, Bldg. C, Bee Cave.
- Austin Alternative School Fair – Saturday, February 7, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Education Transformation Alliance will host a FREE free, fun, and informative fair on the downtown rooftop plaza of Whole Foods Market! Enjoy hands-on activities for kids of all ages and a free performance by Lucas Miller, the Singing Zoologist, at 1 p.m. Whole Foods Market, 525 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin.
- Kite Making Workshop – Saturday, February 7, from 1-3 p.m. Throughout the month of February, the Parks and Recreation Department will host a series of FREE hands-on workshops to teach children how to make and fly their very own kites, which they can enter in the Kite Competition at the Zilker Park Kite Festival on March 1st. Pan Am Recreation Center, 2100 East 3rd Street, Austin.
- 2nd Annual Hooked on Mueller – Sunday, February 8, from 10 a.m. – noon. Head to Mueller Lake Park to catch one of 2,000 rainbow trout! The lake has been stocked by Texas Parks and Wildlife. No fishing license is required and you can keep what you catch. Bring your own rod and bait. Enjoy cooking demonstrations by the Mueller Farmers Market and fun prizes. FREE! Mueller Austin, 4550 Mueller Blvd., Austin.
- Community Art Sunday – Sunday, February 8, from 1-4 p.m. Move and groove to the rhythms of the past and celebrate the music of our future. Play in a community drum circle and learn traditional world rhythms, get warm with a dance workshop, discover the music of historical East Austin, share your story about East Austin through Austin’s African American Cultural Heritage District’s Treasured Places, explore music through an early childhood music class, and treat yourself to a unique performance and Q&A with the Peterson Brothers Band. Workshops and activities are family friendly and open to all. FREE! The Center for Creative Action, 2921 E. 17th St. Bldg. B (at the MLK Jr. Light Rail Station), Austin.
- Ashley’s Playhouse 1st Anniversary Bash – Sunday, February 8, from 1-4 p.m. Celebrate Ashley’s Playhouse’s first year of business with tons of FREE family fun. Activities include: 60-foot obstacle course, velcro wall, bounce houses, face painting, raffle prizes, food and drink, tours and more! Ashley’s Playhouse, 13343 N. Hwy. 183, Suite 200, Austin.
- Elmo’s Birthday and Valentine’s Day Celebration (Bee Cave) – Sunday, February 8, from 1-3 p.m. Celebrate Elmo’s birthday and Valentine’s Day. Elmo will visit from 1-2 p.m. and there will be crafts from 1-3 p.m. Bring your cameras. FREE! Learning Express of Bee Cave, 12901 Hill Country Blvd, Austin.
You may also be interested in:
- Free Date Nights in Austin
- Free Valentine’s Day Events in Austin
- Free Shows at Zilker Hillside Theater in 2015
- Don’t Miss Events in Austin this February
- Free Austin Festivals in 2015
- 10 Best Parks to Visit & Camp Near Austin
- 10 Spring Consignment Sales in Austin
Please enter our giveaway: