Listen to this post with Alexa!
If you’re looking for more virtual and educational experiences you can have with your kids, this may be right up your alley. Starting today, you can travel back in time and re-live the Battle of Gettysburg.
Gettysburg: A Nation Divided, a new mixed reality app, gives you the opportunity to view the battle as it unfolds around you. And though it was supposed to cost $12.99, the creators decided to make it free for a limited time to assist teachers and parents who are scrambling to find remote learning opportunities.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll experience.
And here’s a fun little side note. The experience is narrated by actor Scott Eastwood, who happens to live right here in Austin. Here he is talking about the adventure.
You can download the app for iPhone here.
QuantumERA also offers an Alamo experience, though it costs $1.99
Featured image provided by QuantumERA.
Want to go on more virtual trips? Check out these posts:
- Virtual Tours Of The Best Austin Museums, Landmarks, And More
- Virtual Field Trips You Can Take With Your Kids – Parks Edition
- Take A Virtual Field Trip To The San Antonio Zoo
- Virtual Field Trips You Can Take With Your Kids – Zoo Live Cams Edition
- Virtual Field Trips You Can Take With Your Kids – Museum Edition
- Take A Virtual Vacation To Visit Your Favorite Amusement Parks