TuneBugz! will offer free Music Together® sample classes January 2nd through January 8th, 2017.
TuneBugz! founder and teacher, Amber Nichols, shares all you need to know to give these local Music Together classes a try, for free!
Music Together is an internationally acclaimed early childhood music education program designed for children, from newborns through nine years old.
The Music Together music and movement program supports development of your child’s basic rhythmic and tonal competence, all while having a great time and supporting the bond between the parent or caregiver and child.
Music Together’s songs, rhythms, chants, dances, and instrument jams expose your child to a wide variety of musical styles (folk, jazz, classical and more), rhythms from around the world, including language and culture through playful exploration.
What makes Music Together different?
The vast majority of children’s music and programs are narrow in that they offer songs in just basic 3/4 or 4/4 time, and cover mostly major tonalities, giving little musical variety to your child’s learning ears. Each semester’s collection of Music Together songs includes a rich tapestry of minor, major, mixolydian, locrian and phrygian tonalities and rhythms in duple, triple and asymmetric and even unusual meters. Music exploration with Music Together offers a sophisticated listening experience that is exciting and engaging for the whole family. Families get to experience musical complexities rarely found in early childhood programming. In this program, parents and caregivers actively participate in making music as their child’s model along with talented and engaging teachers. Teachers also send home a robust offering of musical support materials and online tools through apps and the Music Together Family Music Zone. Families receive a brand new collection of songs every semester which can continue without repetition for a series of 3 full years.
- Music Together celebrates the fact that all children are born with the capacity to be musical! Whether you feel you are musical or not – you can nurture the musical growth of your child.
- Parents and caregivers who do have musical training or experience are delighted to be revisiting core concepts of music being presented in developmentally appropriate ways that can amaze and delight the whole family!
- Music Together classes build on your child’s natural enthusiasm for music and movement, so activities are always going to be developmentally appropriate for all the ages and stages of early childhood up through early elementary age.
- Classes foster fun and creativity, as well as social and musical learning in a pressure-free environment. Performance is not a focus of classes – rather, they are participation and collaboration based.
- Music Together classes are appropriate for all children, infants to up through nine years old, regardless of ability in three research based class offerings:
- Intro to Music Together for Infants – Babies Only (birth to eight months) with parent/caregiver
- Mixed-age Class – for infants through age four with parent/caregiver
- Rhythm Kids Classes – for ages four and five with parent/caregiver
- Rhythm Kids Classes – for five to nine-year-olds; a drop-off class for big kids
Try a Free TuneBugz! Demo Class Near You
Central Main Studio (5811 Berkman Dr. Suite 107)
- Mixed-age: Monday, Jan 2nd, 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM – RSVP
- Babies Only: Monday, Jan 2nd, 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Tuesday, Jan 3rd, 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Wednesday, Jan 4th, 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Friday, Jan 6th, 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Saturday, Jan 7th, 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM – RSVP
- Rhythm Kids (4/5s): Saturday, Jan 7th, 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM – RSVP
- Rhythm Kids (5-9): Saturday, Jan 7th, 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM – RSVP
South at Balance Dance (4544 S Lamar Blvd – Building 300)
- Babies Only: Wednesday, Jan 4th, 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Wednesday, Jan 4th, 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Thursday, Jan 5th, 10:00 AM-10:30 AM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Sunday, Jan 8th, 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM – RSVP
- Rhythm Kids (4-9): Sunday, Jan 8th, 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM – RSVP
North/Pflugerville at Lonestar Dance (2606 FM 1825 Suite 119)
- Mixed-age: Monday, Jan 2nd, 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM – RSVP
- Mixed-age: Tuesday, Jan 3rd, 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM – RSVP
Some of the great things about enrolling in Music Together® at TuneBugz!
- 45 minutes of joy that you will look forward to each week!
- A chance to create lasting friendships through a supportive community.
- An inclusive educational environment for all early childhood ages and stages.
- A respectful and supportive environment for your child’s learning style.
- A flexible make-up policy, so you don’t have to stress on those days when class just won’t work.
- A culturally rich and developmentally appropriate set of take-home materials (audio cd and download, songbook, online Family Music Zone, apps for phone or tablet).
- Sticks Collection will be featured for Mixed Ages and Babies Only classes
- Toucan Collection will be featured for Rhythm Kids classes
- Winter 2017 will run 10 weeks, from Jan 9th to March 18th
- South classes run: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday
- Central/East classes run: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- North/Pflugerville classes run: Mondays & Tuesday
Click here to browse the full Winter schedule of days and times being offered at each location.
The cost of a 10-week session is $255 for the first child, just add $150 for the 2nd child, and the 3rd child in the same family is free. Babies younger than eight months may attend classes with their enrolled sibling for free or may enroll on their own in the Babies only or Mixed-age class for $255. Demos and make-up classes for missed classes are always free.
Registration for Winter is open now – click here to register and start your musical journey today!