You can catch our top five picks for free weekday fun in Austin every Monday morning on KXAN! Here are some of the exciting events you should put on your calendar this week.
- Austin Parks and Recreation Halloween Carnivals – Tuesday, October 25 – Friday, October 28. Enjoy seven FREE Halloween carnivals at Austin recreation centers!
- Preposterous Puppet Show Players Storytime – Wednesday, October 26 at 10:30 a.m. Little ghouls and goblins are invited to a super special and silly Halloween themed storytime featuring BookPeople’s puppeteers. They will be performing and thrilling everyone with their delightfully spooky senses of humor and puppeteering skills. Costumes encouraged. FREE! BookPeople, 603 N Lamar, Austin.
- Glow-in-the Dark Costume Dance Party – Thursday, October 27 at 3:30 p.m. Recommended for ages 5 and up. FREE! APL – Yarborough Branch, 2200 Hancock Dr, Austin.
- Exémon Monster Ball – Friday, October 28 from 6-7:30 p.m. Get in the Halloween spirit with dancing, refreshments, and activities for the little ones. In addition to the festivities, the East Communities YMCA will be launching their Exémon Quest, a Pokemon Go-inspired Fitness challenge, full of exciting fitness quests and lots of monsters to “catch.” Open to the community and FREE! East Communities YMCA, 5315 Ed Bluestein Blvd, Austin.
- Spooktacular – Friday, October 28 from 5-8:00 p.m. Skeletons of all shapes and sizes will find fun creating glow in the dark art, experimenting with “bony” science, and moving their bones to the spooky beats. Plus, explore the Museum’s exhibitions after hours while sporting your latest Halloween costume creation. FREE! Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
For more weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!