- First Responders Day – Wednesday, November 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Rowing Dock would like to thank Austin’s first responders for their support and dedication to our city by offering FREE rentals for all local Fire, Police, and Emergency Medical Service providers and their families. No reservations are required, but RSVP is requested to ensure sufficient staffing to help each customer. Rowing Dock, 2418 Stratford Dr, Austin.
- Veterans Day Parade – Wednesday, November 11 at 9:30 a.m. The parade begins with a flyover at Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge and ends at 11th St & Congress Ave. Musical entertainment provided by the Del Valle High School Cardinal Band. Following the parade, a Commemoration Program will take place on the south steps of the Capitol. This years’ theme will be honoring the 70th Anniversary of the end of WWII, 40th Anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War, and a Tribute to the 60th Anniversary of the end of the Korean War. FREE! Downtown Austin. View parade route here.
- Free Admission to the LBJ Library – Wednesday, November 11 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Admission will be FREE for all guests on Veterans Day. Free parking in lot #38 (map). LBJ Presidential Library, 2313 Red River St, Austin.
- Movie in the Park: The LEGO Movie – Thursday, November 12 at 6:30 p.m. Head to South Austin for this FREE Movie in the Park! Dick Nichols District Park, 8011 Beckett Rd, Austin.
- Creek Show Opening Night – Thursday, November 12 from 6-10:00 p.m. Creek Show is a way to celebrate Waller Creek and bring awareness to the future transformation coming to the creek, trails, and surrounding parks. During Creek Show, everyone is invited to experience the creek in a safe, fun, family-friendly environment. On opening night, the five light-based art installations will be revealed at sunset. FREE! Along Waller Creek between 5th and 8th St, Austin.
For even more free weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.