Thanks to KXAN for sharing our Top 5 FREE Weekday Events:
- Storytime in Zilker Botanical Garden – Monday, November 10 at 10 a.m. Stories are a lovely way to introduce young children to nature and wildlife. Each storytime theme is based on the seasonal happenings found in the garden through the year. After visiting a garden feature and listening to a story the children will bring the story to life through hands-on activities and a garden adventure. FREE with Garden admission ($1 – $3; kids under 3 are FREE). Zilker Botanical Garden, 2220 Barton Springs Rd., Austin.
- Veterans Day Parade – Tuesday, November 11 at 9:30 a.m. The 61st Annual Veterans Day Parade will begin at the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge at 9:30 a.m., after a flyover, and continue to the Capitol building. The Del Valle High School Band will perform at 10:30 a.m. and the Memorial Ceremony will begin at 11:00 a.m. on the south steps of the Capitol. This year’s theme will be honoring the sacrifice and service of Veterans of the Gulf Wars with a tribute to all World War II Veterans, on this 70th anniversary of D-Day. FREE! Downtown Austin.
- Free Admission to the LBJ Library and Museum – Tuesday, November 11 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. On Veterans Day, admission is FREE for all! Parking is also FREE. 2313 Red River Street, Austin.
- Creek Show – Thursday, November 13 at 5:30 p.m. As the sun sets on Waller Creek, five site-specific light installations will be revealed. These installations, all created by Austin-based architects and landscape architects, will illuminate Waller Creek in new and exciting ways. See the designs, hear local music, and learn more about the future of Waller Creek. Read more here. FREE! Waller Creek between 5th St and 7th St, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: The Dark Knight
– Thursday, November 13 at 6:30 p.m. Bring your blanket or lawn chairs and a picnic dinner for a fun and relaxing evening under the beautiful Austin night sky. Rated PG-13.FREE! Republic Square Park, 422 Guadalupe, Austin. Postponed due to weather.
For many more free weekday events, check out What’s Up? Weekly!
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.