- Free Admission to the LBJ Library – Monday, May 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The LBJ Library will be FREE to all guests visiting on Memorial Day. Visit the interactive exhibits and watch compelling films about LBJ and Lady Bird. Don’t forget to tour “Sixty From The ’60s,” a retrospective of the 60 most influential individuals of that seminal decade featuring music, clothing, artwork, books and posters, iconic items, and more. FREE! The LBJ Presidential Library, 2313 Red River St, Austin.
- Memorial Day Ceremony – Monday, May 26 at 10:00 a.m. The Daughters of the American Revolution will host a ceremony honoring all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in service for our country. There will be a color guard and musket salute by Sons of the American Revolution in period dress, Brig. Gen. Richard T. Drury will speak, and Gary Knippa & The Friends will provide music beginning at 9:40 a.m. This service is open to all who wish to attend. *Due to a front developing west of Austin, Memorial Day Ceremonies have been moved inside the Cemetery gallery.* FREE! Texas State Cemetery, 909 Navasota St, Austin.
- Rockin’ City Rollergirls Free Open Skate Session (Round Rock) – Monday, May 26 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Want to learn a sport that will push you mentally and physically? The Rockin’ City Rollergirls are hosting an open skate for boys and girls ages 6-17 and adults interested in the Junior Derby and Rockin’ 101 adult beginners programs. Bring your own skates or rent them at the rink ($2 for quad skates; $4 for inlines), or just watch and chat up one of the trainers. FREE! Austin Sports Arena, 3918 Gattis School Rd, Round Rock.
- Blues on the Green – Wednesday, May 28 at 8:00 p.m. This year marks the 24th of the annual concert series KGSR’s Blues on the Green, consistently ranked as a top annual entertainment event. Every other Wednesday from May 28th to August 6th, Zilker Park will be filled with thousands of people, blankets, lawnchairs, families and music lovers. This week, it’s Saints of Valory with The Wind + The Wave. FREE!
Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.Due to the rain, this event has been postponed until Wednesday, June 4.
- Ballet Under the Stars: Impressions – Friday, May 30 at 8:00 p.m. Come early and watch the company warm-up, bring a picnic and a blanket, and stretch out under the stars as the stunning and powerful dancers of Austin Metamorphosis Dance Ensemble take the stage. This year’s production highlights styles of social dance and music that have influenced the art of dance and made lasting impressions. FREE but donations will be collected during intermission. Concessions are also available, so bring cash. Zilker Hillside Theater, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
For even more family-friendly weekday events, check out What’s Up? Weekly!