- Garrison Keillor at BookPeople – Monday, May 12 at 7:00 p.m. Grab yourself a slice of Bebop-A-Reebop Rhubarb Pie and take a seat as Garrison Keillor, host of A Prairie Home Companion, reads from The Keillor Reader, a collection of stories, essays, poems and personal reminiscences, including never before published work. The speaking portion of this event is FREE and open to the public. Tickets are required for the signing portion of the event. Get tickets here. BookPeople, 603 N Lamar, Austin.
- Adult Craft Night: Embroidery – Monday, May 12, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Head down to Ruiz where you can learn how to make a badge, patch, or magnet out of felt, fabric, and embroidery floss. Or make something with a hoop if it your fancy! All supplies will be provided. FREE! Ruiz Branch Library, 1600 Grove Blvd., Austin.
- Local Food Potluck Celebration – Tuesday, May 13 from 6-8:30 p.m. Sustainable Food Center and the Austin Permaculture Guild invite you to the Spring 2014 Local Food Potluck Celebration. At this event, a new crop of Citizen Gardeners and Permaculture Design Course graduates will be recognized. Participants will also honor farmers, ranchers, gardeners, chefs, and others building our local food movement. Everyone is welcome. Please bring a dish and beverage to share that feature local ingredients. How about greens from a local farmer, lemonade with mint from your herb garden, beer from a local brewery, or a tomato-cucumber salad from your home or school garden? FREE but RSVP is required. To thank the Barr Mansion for their hospitality, a $5 donation is suggested. Barr Mansion, 10463 Sprinkle Rd, Austin.
- Free Noon Concert – Thursday, May 15 at Noon. Take a 30-minute lunchtime break to hear the Texas State Viola Ensemble. FREE! Central Presbyterian Church, 200 E 8th St, Austin.
- Friday Night Films: Fast Times At Ridgemont High – Friday, May 16 at 8:00 p.m. Alamo Drafthouse presents Fast Times At Ridgemont High on the lawn at South Shore District. FREE! Dinner and snacks will be available for purchase from some of Austin’s favorite food trailers. South Shore District, 1333 Shore District Dr, Austin.
For even more weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!