- Free Cone Day at Dairy Queen – Monday, March 16. Head to your local DQ® for Free Cone Day! In celebration of their 75th FANiversary, Dairy Queen will be giving away one FREE small vanilla cone per customer. At participating DQ® locations only.
- Family Music Meltdown – Wednesday, March 18 from 3-7:30 p.m. You know what they say…. Families who rock together stay together. Featuring: Ralph’s World, The Jellydots, Gina Chavez, Big Don, The Que Pastas, and Koo Koo Kanga Roo. Check the Facebook page for weather updates. Update: This event has moved indoors. It will now be held in the Pan Am Rec Center gym. FREE! Pan Am Park, 2100 E 3rd St, Austin.
- The Mexican American Experience – Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19 at 6:00 p.m. The lineup on Wednesday includes Grammy winning artist Sunny and the Sunliners, Latin Express, and Street People. The rising musicians Cañonazo, featuring Robby Garza and Erika Santana, will take the stage after Mariachi Amor kicks off the showcase. On Thursday, Grammy winning singer/songwriter Chente Barrera headlines for the evening of great music by Conjunto Baraja de Oro, Llueve, Beyond Therapy, and Erica Rangel. Free shuttle service is available from Sanchez Elementary, Mendez Middle School and Fiesta Gardens. There is no parking onsite, with the exception of ADA parking, which is available on a first come, first served basis. FREE! ESB-MACC, 600 River St, Austin.
- Free SXSW Shows at Auditorium Shores – Thursday, March 19 and Friday, March 20, from 5-9 p.m. (and also Saturday, March 21, from 2:40-9 p.m.). The Auditorium Shores Stage on Lady Bird Lake features a three-day series of free-to-the-public, charity beneficiary concert events with the beautiful Austin skyline serving as the backdrop. See the schedule here. Admission is FREE with a free SXSW Guest Pass wristband, which can be picked up in advance or onsite at the gate. Auditorium Shores, 800 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- First Day of Spring Free Ice Celebration – Friday, March 20 from Noon to 9:00 p.m. All guests will receive a FREE limited edition cup of Italian Ice in the available flavor of their choice to celebrate the arrival of Spring. Rita’s Italian Ice, 6001 W Parmer Ln, Austin.
For 70+ more weekday events, check out What’s Up? Weekly!