Catch our top five picks for free weekday fun in Austin every Monday morning on KXAN! Here are some of the exciting events you can look forward to this week.
- The Rankin Twins – Tuesday, June 28 at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy a fun kids music jam session with country duo the Rankin Twins. FREE! Brilliant Sky Toys and Books, 701 S Capital of Texas Hwy, Ste D-480, Austin.
- The Wine Down – Wednesday, June 29 from 5-8:00 p.m. Crú Wine Bar will be on-site providing food samples. Music by Amanda Cevallos. Check out a pop-up shop from Saint Bernard and merchandise giveaways from retailers around the 2nd Street neighborhood. FREE! 3TEN Austin City Limits Live, 310 W Willie Nelson Blvd, Ste 1A, Austin.
- 101x Summer Cinema Series: Jaws – Wednesday, June 29 at 8:30 p.m. Arrive early at Central Market with your blankets, lawn chairs and appetites. Food specials in the café. Movie starts at dusk but you don’t want to lose your seat. Rated PG. Family friendly and FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Nature Nights: Predators – Thursday, June 30 at 6-9:00 p.m. This is the final Nature Night! Get up close to predators of Central Texas as they fly, stalk, and slither. Enjoy a presentation on birds of prey on the Play Lawn featuring live hawks and owls. Visit the live snake exhibit to learn about snakes native to Central Texas. Find out what it takes to be a herpetologist from Dr. Travis LaDuc in his special presentation about Texas snakes. Books signed by author Divya Srinivasan will be featured in the store. FREE! Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin.
- Rhythm on Stage: Brazilian Dance Night (RSVP) – Thursday, June 30 from 7:30-8:45 p.m. Back for its 5th year, Austin’s only instructional dance series invites you to take center stage. Learn how to dance on the Dell Hall Stage as the Long Center partners with Ballet Austin to bring you a FREE evening of dance. The event is come and go. No experience is necessary. All ages welcome. Please RSVP if you plan to attend. The Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
For more fun weekday events, check out What’s Up? Weekly!