Thanks to KXAN Morning News for sharing our picks for the best free weekday fun this week!
- The Wine Down – Monday, June 16 from 5-7:00 p.m. Cantina Laredo will be on-site providing food samples while guests enjoy happy hour priced glasses featuring Thorny Rose Wines. Music by Shinyribs will be emceed by KGSR. Check out pop-up shops and merchandise giveaways from retailers around the 2nd Street neighborhood. FREE! ACL Live at The Moody Theater, 310 Willie Nelson Blvd, Austin.
- Movies in Your Park: Despicable Me 2 (San Marcos) – Tuesday, June 17 at 7:30 p.m. Movie begins at sunset. Pre-movie games begin one hour before sunset. Concessions will be available for purchase. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs. Rated PG. FREE! San Marcos Plaza Park, 201 N CM Allen Pkwy, San Marcos.
- Sound and Cinema: The Three Amigos – Wednesday, June 18 at 6:00 p.m. Crooks will perform a tribute to The Three Amigos, followed by the film screening on The Alamo’s giant inflatable outdoor screen. Folding chairs and blankets are encouraged. Picnics are allowed, but no outside alcohol may be brought onto the Long Center grounds. The food trailers will be open by 6 p.m., and the sunset concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. The movie will immediately follow (after dark). Rated PG. FREE! The Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Dinner and a Movie in the Plaza: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Round Rock) – Wednesday, June 18 at 6:00 p.m. Movies in the Plaza returns this summer with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at 8:30 p.m. Music by Milkdrive begins at 6 p.m. and food will be available from Round Rock Cafe. FREE! Centennial Plaza, 301 W Bagdad Ave, Round Rock.
- 101X Summer Cinema: Jurassic Park – Wednesday, June 18 at 8:00 p.m. Arrive early at Central Market with your blankets, lawn chairs and appetites. Food specials in the café. Movies start at dusk (around 8:30) but you don’t want to lose your seat. Rated PG-13. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.