Thanks to KXAN Morning News, for sharing our picks for the Top 5 FREE Weekday Events!
- Blues on the Green – Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. This event was postponed last week due to rain. Join KGSR on Wednesday to kick off the 2014 season of Blues on the Green! Zilker Park will be filled with thousands of people, blankets, lawnchairs, families and music lovers. This week, it’s Saints of Valory with The Wind + The Wave. FREE! Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- X Games Takes Over Downtown Austin – Thursday, June 5 at 5:00 p.m. Celebrating 20 years of X Games, ESPN will kick off the inaugural event in front of the iconic State Capitol building. Fans can get up close to the action at the Skateboard and BMX Vert competitions. Tony Hawk & Friends will put on a 30-minute demo before the BMX and Skateboard Vert finals. In addition to Hawk, the demo will include Skateboard and BMX legends and current athletes, including Mat Hoffman, Neal Hendrix, Kevin Robinson, Kevin Staab, Elliot Sloan, Alex Perelson and more. See full schedule of events here. FREE! 10th St & Congress Ave, Austin.
- Romeo and Juliet (Round Rock) – Thursday, June 5 and Friday, June 6 at 8:00 p.m. Performances take place in the amphitheater of the Centennial Plaza. Audiences are welcome to bring their own food and drink, or to purchase it from the concessions tent. For middle school ages and up. FREE but donations are appreciated. On Friday, arrive early for a pre-show. Round Rock Christian Academy will present Youth Macbeth, starting at 7:15 p.m. Round Rock Amphitheater, 301 W Bagdad Ave, Round Rock.
- Friday Night Lights Tailgate Community Screening – Friday, June 6, from 6 – 10:00 p.m. The ATX Television Festival presents a FREE Friday Night Lights Tailgate Screening on June 6th, and you’re invited! Come one, come all, bring a guest, and get ready for some FOOTBALL and Texas tailgating! This is going to be epic! Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose! RSVP here. Hotel San Jose, 1316 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- That 70s Concert – Friday, June 6 at 8:00 p.m. An Austin Civic Orchestra tradition, no summer would be complete without the Pops Concert in Zilker Park. You might be lucky enough to be selected as guest conductor through a raffle. This year’s musical selections are pieces popular in the ’70s. Enjoy a wide array of familiar musical selections including songs from Barry Manilow, Led Zeppelin, Saturday Night Fever, and more. FREE! Zilker Hillside Theater, 2301 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.