- The Wine Down – Tuesday, July 28 from 5-7:00 p.m. Número 28 will be on-site providing food samples. Music by Sour Bridges will be emceed by KGSR. Check out pop-up shops and merchandise giveaways from retailers around the 2nd Street neighborhood. FREE! ACL Live at The Moody Theater, 310 Willie Nelson Blvd, Austin.
- Hillside Summer Concert Series – Tuesday, July 28 from 7-9:00 p.m. Head to the hillside for the final free concert in this annual summer series. This year’s hosts are Joe Morales and Jerry Avila. The official DJ is DJ Lil Sharky. Hear live music by Los AT Boyz and Ruben Ramos. Bring the whole family, blankets, canned drinks, and lawn chairs, but please leave glass and radios at home. FREE! A.B. Cantu/Pan American Recreation Center, 2100 E 3rd St, Austin.
- 101X Summer Cinema Series: Hook – Wednesday, July 29 at 8:30 p.m. Bring your family and friends to enjoy a lovely summer evening watching Hook on the lawn. Movie will start at dusk, but prior to the show you will be able to enjoy plenty of fun-filled family activities and more. Rated PG. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Formula Sun Grand Prix – Friday, July 31 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Formula Sun Grand Prix returns to Circuit of The Americas. See some of the most impressive engineering on the planet as teams from all around the world compete to perfect the ultimate in solar car technology. This family friendly event features paddock entry and unprecedented access to cars and teams. Bring the kids to see these incredible feats of engineering up close. Admission and parking are 100% FREE! Circuit of The Americas, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd, Austin.
- Living Springs Full Moon Summer Screening #1 – Friday, July 31 at 8:30 p.m. Living Springs, a documentary project about the history, science, culture and spiritual practices of Barton Springs, will host a FREE public screening featuring the short videos “Cleaning Day” and “Barton’s Four Springs” from their ongoing Barton Springs series. Enjoy the amazing underwater world of Barton Springs accompanied by original music created especially for Living Springs by composer Graham Reynolds. Bring a chair or blanket. After the screening, take a FREE swim in the Springs and join in the “Keep Austin Weird” tradition of howling at the full moon. Barton Springs Pool South Entrance, Robert E Lee Rd, Austin.
For much more free fun happening this week, check out What’s Up? Weekly!