- Cow Appreciation Day – Tuesday, July 14. It’s time to break out the spots and cow bells for Chick-fil-A’s 11th annual Cow Appreciation Day event. On that day, customers who show their spots and dress as a cow will eat free at Chick-fil-A’s more than 1,900 restaurants nationwide. Dress up in a full cow costume and get a free combo meal. Dress up using only cow accessories (free printables here) and you’ll get a free entrée. No purchase necessary. Check out the FAQs for more details.
- Rhythm on Stage: Bollywood with Prakash – Tuesday, July 14 at 7:00 p.m. Rhythm on Stage, in partnership with Ballet Austin’s Butler Community School, is back for its 4th year. Be a part of Austin’s only instructional dance series that invites you to take center stage in the Long Center’s Dell Hall. Bollywood instruction begins at 7:30 p.m. Dance on the stage FREE until 9 p.m. Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Keep Austin Playing – Wednesday, July 15 from 3-7:00 p.m. Keep Austin Playing is a day created by the Austin Parks and Recreation Department to enrich, educate, and empower the Austin Community to cultivate healthy lifestyle changes as it celebrates National Parks and Recreation Month. This family-fun event will feature a portable climbing wall, an inflatable batting cage, a bike rodeo, human foosball, an obstacle course, corn hole, tailgate games, prizes and informational booths relating to health, wellness and play. FREE for kids of all ages. Palmer Event Center, 900 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Windsor Park Branch Anniversary – Wednesday, July 15 from 4-8:00 p.m. Celebrate the Windsor Park Branch’s 15th Anniversary with live music, dance performances, and birthday cake. FREE! APL – Windsor Park Branch, 5833 Westminster Dr, Austin.
- 101X Summer Cinema: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – Wednesday, July 15 at 8:00 p.m. Christmas in July! Arrive early at Central Market with your blankets, lawn chairs and appetites. Food specials in the café. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation will start at dusk (around 8:30) but you don’t want to lose your seat. Rated PG-13. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
For more free weekday fun, check out What’s Up? Weekly!