You can catch our top five picks for free weekday fun in Austin every Monday morning on KXAN! Here are some of the exciting events you should put on your calendar this week.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
- Discovery! Lucas Miller, Singing Zoologist – Wednesday, January 4 at 4:30 p.m. With a head full of science, a heart full of music, and a car full of truly goofy props, Lucas Miller’s hilarious–yet scientifically accurate–songs and stories are sure to entertain. FREE! Laura’s Library, 9411 Bee Cave Rd, Austin.
- Texas Radio Live – Wednesday, January 4 from 6-8:00 p.m. Texas Radio Live brings you the very best Texas music with performances from Texas musicians. This week, Doug Strahan and the Joel Hoffman Band perform. FREE but donations to support the KDRP Radio Mission are appreciated. Read about Catherine’s experience here. Guero’s Oak Garden, 1412 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- African Children’s Choir Concert – Wednesday, January 4 at 7:00 p.m. With a focus on education as a means for change, the African Children’s Choir is currently caring for underprivileged and destitute children throughout Africa. On their concert tour, the children of the Choir melt the hearts of audiences with their charming smiles, beautiful voices, and lively African songs and dances. The program features well-loved songs, Gospel spirituals, and contemporary favorites. This event is FREE and open to the public—please be aware that seating is first-come, first-served. Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- That’s My Face Young Adult Film Series – Thursday, January 5 at 6:30 p.m. That’s My Face is a Film Series for Young Adults will feature influential films and works by Black Filmmakers. January’s film is Jean-Michel Basquiate: The Radiant Child (2010). FREE with RSVP. George Washington Carver Museum, 1165 Angelina St, Austin.
- Tomar & the FCs In-Store Performance – Friday, January 6 at 5:00 p.m. FREE! Waterloo Records, 600A N Lamar, Austin.
For more weekday events coming up in Austin, check out What’s Up? Weekly!