You can catch our top five picks for free weekday fun in Austin every Monday morning on KXAN! Here are some of the exciting events you should put on your calendar this week.
- Valentine’s Day Romantic Music Dance Party – Tuesday, February 14 from 7-10:00 p.m. Grab that special someone and dance the night away to live romantic Jazz and upbeat dance music. Lone Star Court, 10901 Domain Dr, Austin.
- Third Thursday at The Blanton – Thursday, February 16 from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. The Blanton has reopened! Stop by to check out the reimagined galleries. In addition to offering free admission, The Blanton is open late and offers a variety of activities from yoga to live music. Find the complete schedule of events here. FREE! Blanton Museum of Art, 200 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin.
- Free Noon Concert – Thursday, February 16 at Noon. Take a 30-minute lunchtime break to hear a concert by Texas State University Opera Students. FREE! Central Presbyterian Church, 200 E 8th St, Austin.
- Totally Cool Totally Art Mid-Year Teen Art Exhibition – Thursday, February 16 from 6-7:30 p.m. The art on exhibit in this show has been made by local teens with the instruction of local professional artists. There will be snacks, art activities, and an awards ceremony. FREE! Mexic-Arte Museum, 419 Congress Ave, Austin.
- Painter Hall Telescope Public Viewing – Friday, February 17 from 7-9:00 p.m. Every Friday and Saturday while UT is in session the Department of Astronomy hosts viewing on the Painter Hall Telescope. Both Friday and Saturday nights are open to the general public. All ages are welcome, but children must be under adult supervision at all times. Please call 512-232-4265 for weather cancellation information. FREE! University of Texas – Painter Hall, 103 W 24th St, Austin.
For many more weekday events coming up in Austin, check out What’s Up? Weekly!