- Trail of Lights – Monday, December 14 – Friday, December 18 from 7-10:00 p.m. The Austin holiday tradition returns for its 51st year. Gate admission is FREE on Monday and Tuesday but tickets cost $3 per person (ages 12+) the following nights (December 16-22). Find parking and shuttle information here. Please note that there are no shuttles on Monday and Tuesday. Read tips for planning your trip here. Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Deck the Halls with Diapers – Tuesday, December 15 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. This event aims to fill Santa’s sleigh with diapers! Guests will enjoy holiday traditions like decorating cookies for Santa and doing simple crafts, plus newer traditions like building LEGO with Snapology–all while listening to holiday music. There will be a photo booth with elf props, a baby area for the littlest diaper bank supporters, and a holiday story time. FREE but donations of diapers and/or dollars are requested. Northwest Recreation Center, 2913 Northland Dr, Austin.
- African Children’s Choir Concert – Wednesday, December 16 at 7:00 p.m. Attend the African Children’s Choir 30th Anniversary celebration. Helping Africa’s most vulnerable children today, so they can help Africa tomorrow. Admission is FREE but a love offering will be collected. Central Christian Church, 1110 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- Rocking Holiday Extravaganza with Texas Choral Consort and the Invincible Czars + The Big Sing at the Blanton – Thursday, December 17 at 5:30 p.m. Starting at 5:30 p.m., the vocal power of Texas Choral Consort joins with the irreverence of rock innovators Invincible Czars, resulting in electrified mashups of holiday music and amped-up sing-along classics. Then, at 6:30, join the Symphonic Choir from Conspirare in a community singing event. The Conspirare conductor will lead visitors through a series of classical and popular choral works connected to imagery of winter holidays as depicted in the Blanton’s collection. Admission to The Blanton will be FREE and the Museum will be open until 9 p.m. as a part of Third Thursday. Blanton Museum of Art, 200 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin.
- The Grinch Performance – Friday, December 18 and Saturday, December 19 at 7:30 p.m. All are invited to this live adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch. Holiday refreshments and an opportunity for pictures with the cast will follow the performance. FREE but toy donations for Austin Police Department’s Operation Blue Santa are encouraged. Potter’s House Christian Church, 13461 Pond Springs Rd, Austin.
For much more weekday fun in Austin, check out What’s Up? Weekly!