Thanks to KXAN for sharing our picks for the Top 5 Free Weekday Events in Austin every Monday!
- Free Comic Book Day at the Library – Monday, May 9 at 3:00 p.m. Get a FREE comic book, as long as supplies last. Sponsored by Austin Books and Comics. FREE! APL – all locations.
- Texas Radio Live – Wednesday, May 11 from 6-8:00 p.m. Texas Radio Live brings you the very best Texas music with performances from Texas musicians. This week, Jimmy Haddox & The Mustangs and Ruby Dee & The Snakehandlers perform. FREE but donations to support the KDRP Radio Mission are appreciated. Read about Catherine’s experience here. Guero’s Oak Garden, 1412 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- Digital Resource Fair – Friday, May 13 from Noon to 4:00 p.m. This event is an opportunity to celebrate the city’s ongoing efforts to close the Digital Divide, and an opportunity to inspire people to do more with technology and inspire them to make the investment to improve their own technical skills. Want to learn the basics about computers or the internet? Looking for a summer program for your children to learn about computers? Come by the Digital Resource Fair. FREE! Austin Community College, Highland Campus, 6101 Airport Blvd, Austin.
- Public Works Open House (Pflugerville) – Friday, May 13 from 1-6:00 p.m. See the steps it takes for water to get to your faucet and back. Explore the laboratory where water samples are taken and measured. Meet the people who provide services for you in the community. Climb on board some of the backhoes, front-end loaders, mowers and equipment used to maintain city streets and right-of-ways. Children are welcome and cameras are encouraged. FREE! Public Works Facility, 15500 Sun Light Near Way #B, Pflugerville.
- Books and Beer – Friday, May 13 from 6-9:30 p.m. The Austin Public Library’s human-powered mobile branch, unbound: sin fronteras, will be on hand to sign people up for Library Cards and check out books. The Austin Book Arts Center will also be on site to engage people of all ages in creative, interpretive, and educational experiences related to the arts of the book. At 7:00 p.m., book-lovers are invited to join in the dedication ceremony and unveiling of in.gredient’s very own Little Free Library, decorated by the East Side’s very own Federico Archuleta – Graffiti Western Artist. The main event kicks off at 7:30 p.m. with a special “Friday the 13th Bad Luck Story Hour” featuring lighthearted tales of tough breaks, close calls, misfortune and woe. Read a passage from your favorite book or share your very own bad luck story. Family-friendly and FREE! in.gredients, 2610 Manor Rd, Austin.