- Splash Mob (Round Rock) – Monday, August 10 at 11:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Get soaked and celebrate the conclusion of the Round Rock Public Library’s Summer Reading Program with a splash mob. Bring your water guns, blasters, and balloons. All ages welcome. FREE! Prete Main Street Plaza, 221 E Main St, Round Rock.
- Amy’s Ice Creams Trick Olympics – Tuesday, August 11 at 7:00 p.m. Amy’s Ice Cream’s Trick Olympics is back for its 11th year of high flying, in your face, crowd pleasing action. This event brings tricksters or ice cream acrobats from each of Amy’s 15 stores who compete against each other to claim the first place prize. FREE! Amy’s Ice Creams at The Grove, 9600 IH 35 Frontage Rd, Austin.
- Sound & Cinema: The Neverending Story – Wednesday, August 12 at 7:30 p.m. Sound & Cinema 2015 features unique pairings of classic movies with a diverse array of local musical guests. Each band plays a musical tribute to the night’s movie, followed by a screening of the film on the Alamo’s giant inflatable outdoor screen – all against the backdrop of the Austin skyline. This week, watch The Neverending Story with music by Calliope Musicals. Rated PG. Food trucks open at 6:00 p.m., the concert begins at 7:30 p.m., and the movie will immediately follow (around 9:00 p.m.). FREE! Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- 101X Summer Cinema Series: The Princess Bride – Wednesday, August 12 at 8:00 p.m. Bring your family and friends to enjoy a lovely summer evening watching The Princess Bride on the lawn. Movie will start at dusk, but prior to the show you will be able to enjoy plenty of fun-filled family activities and more. Rated PG. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Blues on the Green: ACL Festival Preview – Wednesday, August 12 at 8:00 p.m. This is the final week of KGSR’s Blues on the Green in Zilker Park! Take your blankets or lawn chairs to enjoy a FREE ACL Festival Preview with Shakey Graves and Riders Against the Storm. Be sure to read about getting there, before heading out. Zilker Park (east end where Lou Neff Road wraps around), 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
For the full scoop on what’s happening this week in Austin, be sure to check out What’s Up? Weekly!
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Free Fun in Austin calendar is only for live digital events at this time.