- Texas Community Music Festival – Monday, April 14 and Wednesday, April 16, from 5:30-9:00 p.m. Enjoy live music on the patio and let kids play on the giant playground. Monday performances include The Blue Diamonds, Las Gabacha-chas, and Poor Yorick. Wednesday performances will include Classics ‘N Jazz Brass Quintet, Austin Polka Band, and Austin Jazz Band. Family friendly and FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt – Thursday, April 17 at 4:00 p.m. Children of all ages are invited to hunt for the thousands of Easter eggs hidden around the Huston-Tillotson University campus. The hunt features a $500 scholarship prize egg, prize eggs for school supplies and gift certificates, and eggs with candy and coins. Children will gather in the Mary E. Branch Gymnasium for a brief meaning of Easter story time before joining their age groups and beginning the hunt. FREE! Huston-Tillotson University, 900 Chicon St, Austin.
- Farmer Fred’s Garden Spring Carnival (San Marcos) – Thursday, April 17, 6 – 9 p.m. Free admission, free carnival games with prizes and candy, Bunny pictures ($3), train rides ($2.50), and concessions available for purchase. Egg hunts will be in 4 age groups: ages 1 – 3 at 6:15 p.m., ages 4 – 5 at 6:45 p.m., ages 6 – 9 at 7:15 p.m., and ages 10 – 12 at 7:45 p.m. FREE! San Marcos City Park, 170 Charles Austin Dr, San Marcos.
- Big Sing – Thursday, April 17 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Conspirare presents the last Big Sing of the season, in collaboration with Fusebox Festival. Big Sing is a popular community event where the audience is the choir, all under the direction of Craig Hella Johnson. The Big Sing is open to all, regardless of musical training and experience. Through a fun, no-pressure group singing experience, audience members learn basic vocal technique, experience the body as an instrument, and sing as one with hundreds of others. FREE! Millennium Youth Entertainment Complex, East End Arena, 1156 Hargrave St, Austin.
- Easter Egg Design Contest and Dye-O-Rama – Friday, April 18 from Noon to 4:00 p.m. Children of all ages are invited to compete for prizes with their Easter egg designs. In addition, everyone can learn the art of Ukrainian or Psyanky egg dyeing. Eggs and supplies will be provided to all participants. Parents are asked to chaperone their youngsters at this event. FREE! Neill-Cochran House Museum, 2310 San Gabriel St, Austin.
For more family friendly events happening this week, check out our Free Fun Calendar!