Catch our top five picks for free weekday fun in Austin every Monday morning on KXAN!
- Little Red Riding Hood’s Basket of Goodies – Wednesday, May 18 and Thursday, May 19 at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., and Friday, May 20 at 10:30 a.m. This silly show takes the traditional Little Red Riding Hood folktale and gives it a library-friendly twist that’ll leave kids looking forward to the Summer Reading Program. FREE! Round Rock Public Library, 216 E Main St, Round Rock.
- Mobile River’s 1st Birthday Party – Thursday, May 19 from 4-7:00 p.m. Enjoy refreshments, water conservation games, and tours of the Mobile River and the Wilkerson Center for Colorado River Education. Family friendly and FREE! Redbud Center, 3601 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin.
- Unplugged at the Grove: Charlie Mars – Thursday, May 19 at 8:00 p.m. Join KGSR every Thursday for 24 consecutive weeks at the iconic Shady Grove for one of Austin’s longest running FREE concert series. All ages welcome. Shady Grove, 1624 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Wall-E – Thursday, May 19 at 8:47 p.m. Movies in the Park is a series of FREE films brought to you by the Austin Parks Foundation, and presented by the #1 movie theater in America, the Alamo Drafthouse. Dogs, picnics, and lawn chairs are welcome. Rated G. Check the Facebook event page for weather updates. FREE! Wooldridge Park, 900 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- Bike to Work Day – Friday, May 20 from 7-9:30 a.m. Try biking to work for just one day! Not an option for you? Then try using your bike for errands or entertainment. This year’s Bike To Work Day will feature more morning “fueling stations” with FREE coffee, snacks, and swag than ever. Don’t have a bike? Austin B-Cycle has got you covered for the day. Use code 2453 at any B-Cycle kiosk on 5/20 for a 24 hour membership at no cost. If you don’t want to ride alone and are interested in participating in a Bike Train, see your options and RSVP. FREE! Fueling stations are located all around Austin.
And one bonus shopportunity:
- Fairytale Threads Consignment Event – Thursday, May 19 and Friday, May 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Find excellent deals on new and gently loved clothes for children of all ages and stages, from newborns to kids’ size 16, as well as books, gear and toys for kids, babies and toddlers; maternity clothes for mama; and more. Admission is FREE! Austin Sports Center, 425 Woodward St, Austin.
Looking for more weekday adventures in Austin? Check out What’s Up? Weekly!