Thanks to KXAN for sharing our top picks for free weekday fun:
- The Wine Down – Monday, July 28 from 5-7:00 p.m. La Condesa will be on-site providing food samples while guests enjoy happy hour priced glasses featuring Thorny Rose Wines. Music by Riders Against the Storm will be emceed by KGSR. Check out pop-up shops and merchandise giveaways from retailers around the 2nd Street neighborhood. Children under 21 must be accompanied by an adult. FREE! ACL Live at The Moody Theater, 310 Willie Nelson Blvd, Austin.
- Trailer Food Tuesdays – Tuesday, July 29 from 5-9:00 p.m. Austin’s premier mobile food event is back for another season. Sample the delicious food trucks of Austin in one easy location. Try popular local favorites and enjoy something new. Plus, enjoy music by Horse Opera from 6-9:00 p.m. If it gets too hot, head over to splash in the Liz Carpenter Fountain in Butler Park! FREE! The Long Center, 701 West Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Hillside Concert Series – Tuesday, July 29 at 7:00 p.m. Enjoy the final concert in this free summer series. Los AT Boys take the stage at 7:00 p.m., followed by Rueben Ramos at 8:00 p.m. FREE! AB Cantu/Pan American Recreation Center, 2100 East 3rd St, Austin.
- Sound and Cinema – Wednesday, July 30 at 7:30 p.m. The Jeff Lofton Quartet will perform a tribute to The Pink Panther, followed by a screening of the film on The Alamo’s giant inflatable outdoor screen. Folding chairs and blankets are encouraged. Picnics are allowed, but no outside alcohol may be brought onto the Long Center grounds. The food trailers will be open by 6 p.m., and the sunset concerts will begin at 7:30 p.m. The movie will immediately follow (after dark). Rated PG. FREE! The Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- 101X Summer Cinema: The Goonies – Wednesday, July 30 at 8:30 p.m. Arrive early at Central Market with your blankets, lawn chairs and appetites. Food specials in the café. Movies start at dusk (around 8:30). Rated PG. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
And one bonus event that’s very nearly free:
- Children’s Day Art Park: Cowgirl Sue – Wednesday, July 30 at 9:30 a.m. Head to Symphony Square for the final Children’s Day Art Park of summer. From interaction with members of The Austin Symphony, who wander the crowds performing for children, to onstage jams by some of Austin’s most beloved children’s entertainers, it doesn’t get much better than these festive Wednesday mornings. 50¢ per child. Adults are free. Symphony Square, 1101 Red River St, Austin.
For more fun events happening all over town, be sure to check out What’s Up? Weekly!