Listen to this post with Alexa!
Well this is pretty cool. This simple science experiment helps you turn raindrops into rainbows.
All you need is cooking oil or olive oil, food coloring, a container filled with water, and something to mix or shake in.
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Free Fun in Austin calendar is only for live digital events at this time.
This is how the experiment works:
- Take a cup of oil and pour it into your mixing container.
- Take each one of your food colorings and add drops to that same container.
- Stir or shake the oil and food coloring.
- Then you simply pour the mixture into a container of water.
When all is said and done, it should look like this.
Though we’re expecting some failed attempts since the ABC affiliate in Grand Rapids, Michigan tried it and this was the result.
Looking for more DIY projects you can do with your kids?
Here you go:
- You Have To Try This Trick! How To Make A Dry Erase Drawing Dance In Water
- Free Fun At Home: Top 10 Pinterest Wins
- Free Fun At Home: DIY 16-Piece Puzzle
- Free Fun At Home: DIY Silly Putty
- Free Fun Hack! How To Make A Face Mask Without A Sewing Machine
- Create A Pawsitively Purrfect Art Project With Your Pets
- 9 Awesome Free Art Projects To Entertain Your Kids