SXSW Music is in full swing and there are shows happening all over town! Looking for some truly all ages shows for your teens to enjoy? We’ve got you covered. Check out this list of our favorite SXSW shows and events that are sure to please the under 18 set.
SXSW Live Music – All Ages Shows
- KGSR at the W – ($5) 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., Wednesday thru Friday, and 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday. All ages welcome! For a $5 donation to the Make-A-Wish Central & South Texas, you’ll enjoy four hours of exclusive, live interviews and performances from featured SXSW artists and the first 300 guests through the door each morning will receive a complimentary breakfast treat! Tip: arrive EARLY to get in! W Hotel, 200 Lavaca St.
- KUT-X at Four Seasons – ($10) 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., Wednesday thru Friday, and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday. The event is open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission is $10 per day, which includes a breakfast taco, granola bar and unlimited coffee. Tip: arrive EARLY to get in! Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd.
- SXSJ – South by San Jose – (FREE) Wednesday through Saturday. Music starts at noon. South By San Jose returns to the Hotel San Jose and Jo’s parking lot with live music, local vendors and good times. A local favorite, this event is all ages and features a great line up of bands and fun shopping from vendors and pop-up shops. Hotel San Jose, 1316 S Congress Ave.
- Space24Twenty – Urban Outfitters – (FREE) Wednesday through Saturday. Music starts at noon. 26 bands over 4 days, fun pop-up shops, including the chance to make your own vinyl record, karaoke, free photos, giveaways, and more. Space 24 Twenty, 2420 Guadalupe St.
- Waterloo SXSW Day Parties – (FREE) Wednesday through Saturday. Noon to 7 p.m. Live performances in the Waterloo Records parking lot with autograph signings by bands after their sets. Get priority for the autograph line for each performer after their set w/ purchase of their latest release. Waterloo Records, 600A N. Lamar.
- Southwest Invasion 2016 – Whole Foods – (FREE, RSVP) – Thursday through Saturday. Music starts at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, 11 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. A concert series held in partnership with the Whole Planet foundation, the Southwest Invasion village, which takes over the rooftop of the Whole Foods store in downtown Austin, pairs socially responsible products and services with performances by emerging and legacy musicians. Rooftop of Whole Foods Lamar, 525 N Lamar Blvd.
- One X One @ TOMS – (FREE) Wednesday through Saturday. Activities from 10 a.m. to noon, music starts at 5 p.m. From local eats to live music to DJ lessons and more – there’s something for everyone. Toms, 1401 S. Congress.
- Cat VS Owl – (FREE) Thursday, 12p.m. – 10 p.m., Live music from 19 amazing artists. Cherrywood Coffehouse, 1401 E 38 1/2th St.
- Girls Rock Austin SX Day Party 2016 – (FREE) Friday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Celebrate women in music at this music-packed day of family-friendly fun. Cherrywood Coffehouse, 1401 E 38 1/2th St.
- Free SXSW Live Shows At Auditorium Shores – (FREE with Guest Pass) Thursday through Saturday. Gates open at 3 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, Noon on Saturday. Free live music on SXSW’s largest stage. Auditorium Shores, 800 W Riverside Dr.
- Biggest Little Day Party – (FREE) – Thursday, Noon to 6:30 p.m. Live music in the parking lot. Frank, 4th and Colorado.
- End of an Ear – (FREE) Wednesday through Saturday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (2 p.m. on Friday). Live in-store performances. End of an Ear, 2209 South First Street.
Other Fun SXSW Events – All Ages
- KNOW HERE Day Party with Art Institute Of Austin – (FREE, RSVP) AI Austin will be offering FREE music and food, an interactive showcase of students’ work, and more.
- SXSW Gaming Expo – (FREE with Guest Pass) Drawing in developers, manufacturers, and fans from all facets of the community, the Gaming Expo is the epicenter of gaming culture at SXSW. Here is where you’ll find the Geek Stage, Esports Tournament Stage, Indie Corner, Tabletop Experience, Free Play PC Arena, and much more. It’s simply a bundle of awesome mixed with a dash of chaos where almost anything can happen. Austin Convention Center, Exhibit Halls 1 & 2, 500 E Cesar Chavez St.
- Flatstock 53 – (FREE with Guest Pass) Thursday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Flatstock 53 will display the works of the world’s top gig poster artists. The show features posters of varying styles, colors and techniques for sale by the talented artists who created them. Austin Convention Center, Exhibit Hall 4, Level 1., 500 E Cesar Chavez St.
You might also enjoy:
- KNOW HERE Day Party with Art Institute Of Austin
- Spring Break Guide: 25+ Free Things To Do In Austin
- What’s Up? Weekly (March 14 – 18)