Sunday Fundays return to Neill-Cochran House Museum on Sunday, September 4, 2016, from 1-4 p.m. Head to the historic home in downtown Austin for some good old-fashioned family fun. Then, mark your calendar for eight more educational, hands-on events that are coming up at the Museum, all for free!
The first Sunday of every month, from September through May (except New Year’s Day 2017), the Neill-Cochran House Museum will open its doors to feature free hands-on activities, scavenger hunts, self-paced tours, and lawn games (weather permitting), with space to picnic in the shade.
Austin families are invited to learn something new about something old! Each event has its own theme, and associated kid-friendly, educational crafts. Be sure to visit the Museum on these very special Sunday Fundays, each held from 1 to 4 p.m.:
- September 4, 2016: Pinhole Cameras (“Selfies on Paper”)
- October 2, 2016: Dyed and Printed Fabrics (“Off the Rack”)
- November 6, 2016: The Telegraph and the Radio (“Getting the Message”)
- December 4, 2016: The (nondigital) Game (“Natural History of the Board Game”)
- January 8, 2017: The Hot Air Balloon and the Glider (“NCHM Takes to the Skies”)
- February 5, 2017: The Pop-Up Book (“Multimedia Before the Tablet”)
- March 5, 2017: The Lightbulb and the Electric Motor (“Bright Ideas”)
- April 2, 2017: Simple Machines (“NCHM at Work”)
- May 7, 2017: Printed Text and Images (“Get it in Print”)
To get an idea of the fun Neill-Cochran House has in store for you on each of the above Sundays, read Addie’s review of Sunday Funday!
Museum parking is located behind the house, and the driveway is on 23rd street between Leon and San Gabriel. When the lot is full, we recommend the garage at University Towers at 23rd and Pearl. Hope to see you there!
Neill-Cochran House Museum
2310 San Gabriel St
Austin, TX 78705
You may also be interested in Austin Museum Day on Sunday, September 18, 2016.