Looking for a musical experience that’s fun and educational? You’ll find Spanish, music, and fun in a FREE class with Mi Casa es Tu Casa! Read on to learn more, then enter our giveaway below. You could win a a 50% discount on Mi Casa es Tu Casa’s 11-week winter session!
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
About The Classes
Mi Casa es Tu Casa’s MamaCanta class is a Spanish immersion program that is very rich in multiculturalism. This hour-long music class encourages children to build a sense of unity and respect with their peers and their surroundings through key age appropriate movements, songs, and rhythms. No music or Spanish skills are required. Children ages 0-5 and their caregivers will be entertained while learning a language and developing music skills. Learn more about days, times, and locations of the upcoming winter session here.
Elements of Mi Casa Es Tu Casa’s Magic Formula
- TPRS: Teaching proficiency through reading and storytelling is not only the most fun way of teaching and learning a language, but also the most effective.
- Music & Brain Development: Infants and small children who attend weekly music classes like Mi Casa es Tu Casa’s for 3+months have different brain connections, show less anxiety and more tolerance to frustration, are more empathetic, and are more highly developed in many other areas.
- Play: Nothing gets stuck better in your mind than fun memories. Mi Casa es Tu Casa’s classes are a great combination of musical games that keep the family entertained while learning a language and developing music skills.
- Community: It takes a village to raise a healthy family. Mi Casa Es Tu Casa offers social events to build community with parents in your area. You will find like-minded parents that are also in search of their tribe to grow healthier and stronger.
- American Sign Language: Mi Casa es Tu Casa’s classes incorporate Baby ASL as much as possible. Why? Because babies are developmentally too young to master the complex task of producing words but they are absolutely capable of understanding, learning, and appropriately using sign language starting as early as 5 months.
- Culture & Folk: Folk dances and rhythms encourage music development, which later transfers into literacy. It also exposes children to different cultures and costumes to become open minded, compassionate, multicultural, and easily adaptable people. This is a true gift!
- Rituals: Mi Casa es Tu Casa’s rituals offer parents and children useful and easy melodies that will let children know it is time to clean up, to have quiet time, and other day-to-day activities like washing hands, brushing teeth, etc.
- Judgment Free: Mi Casa Es Tu Casa is a 100% judgment free zone where you are more than welcome to breastfeed and/or bottle-feed at any time. Each and every decision you make for you family will be honored and respected at all times.
- Giving Back: Mi Casa Es Tu Casa is a small local business that cares for the community. Every semester they sponsor a low-income family. They also involve musicians and designers from countries in crisis into their music creation to be able to give some hope and help in the worst times.
See what this program is all about by signing up to attend a FREE class at one of Mi Casa es Tu Casa’s three convenient Austin-area locations:
- Mueller – Paggi Square (map)
- North Austin – Dance Austin Studio (map)
- Sunset Valley – Tapestry/Balance Dance Studio (map)
Click here to sign up NOW for one of these FREE classes! Due to space limitations, an RSVP is required in order to be accepted into the free class. Please note: only one RSVP is needed per family, regardless of the number of children attending.
About the Instructor
Laura is a mother entrepreneur who is very passionate about music, culture, language, child development, and psychology. She holds a degree in Clinical Psychology from Venezuela, a certification in TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling) and has been trained as a music educator. She has also had the incredible opportunity of living in different parts of the world including Asia. All of these qualities make her an exceptional person to teach Spanish to families with small children while offering a sense of community and closeness that allows all participants to be comfortable and in their best disposition to learn a new language.
Mi Casa es Tu Casa is giving away one 50% off discount for their 11-week winter session (a $150 value). To enter this giveaway, simply fill out the form below. One entry per person, please. One winner for each prize will be selected at random and notified by email with instructions for booking your session.