This is a shark. A terrifying shark with a mouth full of sharp shark teeth, which I thankfully did not encounter while courageously stroking his tail. I’m showing you this so you can bear witness to my incredible bravery. We can just agree to disregard that I was the very last person to work up the nerve to pet the tiny shark. And that prior to the shark encounter I balked at scooping up fish to feed a dolphin. And that I yelped and leapt back when feeding a (not so very) ferocious sting ray. This was my weekend at SeaWorld San Antonio. Fear Factor edition. Kidding! It was an incredible opportunity to get up close and personal with the park’s many amazing animals.
- Register to participate in the Polar Plunge at Aquatica San Antonio on Saturday, January 5, 2013, benefiting Special Olympics Texas. Commit to raising at least $100 in donations from family and friends and you will receive one two-day admission ticket to SeaWorld San Antonio (valid January 5, 2013, and January 6, 2013), a long-sleeve t-shirt, and a meal voucher. The more money you raise for Special Olympics Texas, the more benefits you can receive, up to an incentive package including two two-day admission tickets and four 2013 SeaWorld SanAntonio/Aquatica Fun Cards! Go here for details.
- Throughout 2012, members of the military and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld San Antonio with a single-day complimentary admission. Go here to register.
- Are you a family-oriented blogger in Texas? Apply to be a Wildside 2013 Blogger! Applications are currently being accepted online.
- Kids under 3 get in free.
Ways to Save on SeaWorld Tickets:
- Bring a Coca-Cola product (even a can) and save $15 on a single day adult or child ticket, through December 31, 2012.
- Get a coupon for $15 off at any participating San Antonio IHOP location.
- Get $10 off when you purchase online.
- Purchase a 2013 Fun Card for SeaWorld and Aquatica, and you’ll get remaining 2012 season for free.
- Purchase online to get an adult ticket at the kid price, plus a 2nd visit for free. Go here and click on “SeaWorld San Antonio” to see this deal.