We may be stuck in the middle of a rainy spell, but you know it can’t last forever — and as soon as the sun comes back, so will the heat! That can mean only one thing: It’s time for you and your family to gear up for water park season!
Schlitterbahn New Braunfels is one of Central Texans’ favorite spots to cool down, splash around and have a fantastic time. You can get a jump on both the crowds and the admission price by taking advantage of special deals and discount days.
Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Summer Fun Packs
Simon Summer Fun Packs — Each Fun Pack costs $85, and contains two Schlitterbahn Waterpark tickets (valid through Sept. 2, 2015), a $25 Simon Giftcard, and a tote bag filled with summer goodies like sunscreen, lip balm, a beach ball and a beach pail. The Fun Packs are available now, while supplies last, at Simon Guest Services in the following Simon malls:
- Barton Creek Square – 512-327-7040
- The Domain – 512-795-4230
- Lakeline Mall – 512-257-7467
- Round Rock Premium Outlets – 512-863-6688
And San Marcos Premium Outlets will start selling the packs in a week or two:
- San Marcos Premium Outlets – 512-396-2200
Note that it’s a good idea to call Guest Services before heading out to make sure Fun Packs are still available, as they tend to sell out quickly.
Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Discounts
- Surf & Save Days (weekdays, May 18–22 and May 26–29, 10 AM – 6 PM): On these discounted days, only the Surfenburg and Blastenhoff sections of the park are open, and admission is $30.99 for kids (ages 3–11) and $38.99 for everyone else (12+). If you go for the afternoon only, admission is only $30.99 (general) and $27.99 (children). This deal is not available online, but can be purchased at the gate. (Groups of 15+ can get in on Surf & Save Days for just $29.99 [all ages, prepaid].)
- Blast & Save Days (weekdays, Aug. 24–28, 10 AM – 5 PM daily): On these discounted days, only the Blastenhoff section is open, and admission prices are $33.99 general (or $32.99 online), and $26.99 child/senior (or $25.99 online). You can also purchase Afternoon tickets at the gate for $26.99 (general) and $23.99 (child/senior). (Groups of 15+ can get in on Blast & Save days for $22.99 [all ages, prepaid].)
- American Heroes Week: During the week of Monday, May 25 – Sunday, May 31, 2015, members of the military, police officers, firefighters & EMTs are admitted FREE as a salute to our troops and public safety officers. Tickets for spouses and dependents are also available for 50% off the gate price. Just show your military ID or proof of employment at the park entrance on the day of your visit to receive a complimentary wristband valid for admission on that day. At the same time, you can purchase tickets for your spouse and dependents for 50% off the prevailing gate price on the day of your visit. Military IDs eligible for FREE tickets include Active Duty, Retiree, Veteran, Reservist and Department of Defense.
- Afternoon Discount: Visit the park after 3 PM and get $12 off the gate price of admission on most days (the discount is smaller on already-discounted days like Surf & Save Days). Deal not available online.
- Save on Season Passes: Purchase by May 30, 2015, to save $10 per Season Pass; prices increase on 5/31/15.
- Military Discounts: Can’t make it to the park during American Heroes Week? Schlitterbahn offers discounted admission to all military members and their families, all season long. Single-day Military Discount tickets are available for purchase at tax-exempt rates from select installations, including Fort Hood (note that discounts are not available at the park). Although rates may fluctuate slightly per base, the rate for prepaid single-day tickets should not exceed $44 for general admission (ages 12+) or $36 for children ages 3–11. For the best value, plan to visit on a Sunday. Sundays at Schlitterbahn are dedicated to soldiers, and all ages pay the $36 child rate on Sundays. Click here for more information on where and how to purchase Military discount tickets.
- Home School Family Days: For Home School Family Days (June 7-14 and Sept. 12, 13, 19 & 20), Home School Family Full-Park Days tickets will be available for purchase online with no minimum order required. Contact Group Sales for more information.
- Group Discounts: There are several group discounts available. Tickets for groups of 15 or more people are just $39.99 each (general admission, prepaid, or $41.99 at the gate), or $34.99 each (child/senior admission, prepaid, or $36.99 at the gate). The group afternoon discount, starting at 3 p.m. throughout the 2013 season, is $28.99. See the Prepaid Group Order Form for all available group discounts plus the tax-exempt form for qualified groups.
- Scout Days (discounts for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and their families and friends): On Boy Scout Days and Girl Scout Days (June 19 and 21–25, and August 22, 23, 29 and 30, 2015), discounted tickets are available for $34.99 and up from Schlitterbahn (Girl Scout Days tickets are also available from select Girl Scout Councils). Scout Days tickets must be prepaid, and a minimum of four tickets must be purchased; see Scout Days Order Form here. Click here for more information.
- H-E-B: Purchase tickets at H-E-B Guest Services (or in the section of the store where gift cards are displayed) for $38.99 plus tax (child/senior) and $48.99 (general, ages 12–54). 2015 Season Passes are also available for $96.99 for a child/senior and $140.99 for general admission.
- Stay at The Resort at Schlitterbahn – The Schlitterbahn Unlimited Stay and Play Package includes unlimited use of the entire Waterpark from the day you check in to the day you check out, PLUS extended access to signature Schlitterbahn attractions, use of resort-only pools and hot tubs, nightly activities and more, for $35 per night per person (fee is added to the regular nightly resort rate).
- Join the Schlitterbahn Mailing List – Sign up on Facebook to receive updates on promotions from Schlitterbahn.
Regular Schlitterbahn New Braunfels ticket prices are $53.99 and up for a one-day general admission (ages 12–54), and $43.99 and up for a one-day child (ages 3–11) or senior (ages 55+) admission — but you can save $5 per ticket if you purchase online rather than at the gate. Kids under age three always get in FREE. Two-day tickets, when purchased online, are $78.99 for general admission and $63.99 for children and seniors. Afternoon tickets are also available after 3 PM at $12 off the full-day price.
Note that all ticket prices listed in this post are the pre-tax price, unless otherwise noted; add 8.25% tax for the full ticket price.
Admission to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels includes the use of all water attractions, inner tubes, body boards, and other ride vehicles along with the picnic facilities and tram services between the East and West sides of the park. Also included are FREE parking and FREE use of life jackets and children’s inner tubes with bottoms (supplies are limited). Picnics are welcome — feel free to bring your own picnic baskets and coolers inside the park, but no glass, alcohol or open containers, please.
The park is now open at 10 AM every day of the week. Closing hours vary; see full operating schedule here for specific days’ hours and offers.