Looking for an amazing mommy-and-me kids music class that is brand new to Austin? Try a FREE songs for seeds class for a rockin’ good time! Read on to learn more, then enter our giveaway for your chance to win a FREE month of songs for seeds classes!
About songs for seeds classes
This weekly, 45 minute, interactive class encourages children, newborn to 6 years old, to sing, dance and play along with a live, three-piece band. Kids rock out with children’s instruments, as well as real drums, guitars, keyboards, and instruments from around the world. Each week, teachers/musicians take songs for seeds students on a musical journey through a series of seven engaging activities. Your kids will experience music and language from cultures around the globe, help create magnetic art murals during a sing-along of well-known nursery rhymes, be amazed and delighted by magic tricks that are used to practice numbers and counting, and get fully engaged in a wheel spinning game that reinforces the names and sounds of animals.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
By mixing original kids rock ‘n’ roll with popular tunes, the song for seeds band is sure to please little ones and their adults. It is the most fun you can have in 45 minutes with your kids. Join the fun!
More than music
Songs for seeds is not only about the music (although their music really rocks). Songs for seeds engages kids all while laying the foundation of early childhood education through musical activities. In each songs for seeds class your child will hear music from a different region of the world, be exposed to a variety of rhythm patterns, and be given the opportunity and space to experiment with singing and playing real instruments. Classes reinforce children’s knowledge of colors and shapes, focus on single digit numbers, and practice counting. Additionally, they highlight animal recognition through animated impressions of their sounds and movements.
Here’s what your child will experience in a songs for seeds class:
- Music Of The World: Every week in class, kids put on their airplane wings and “travel” to a different region of the world. They land right in the middle of a dance party where they hear authentic sounds from the country they are visiting. While dancing to these new rhythms and sounds, they hear hello in the language of that culture. Exposing kids to other cultures through music is one of many ways to help them develop a global mindset. Hearing unique rhythms and listening to a new language within a song also encourages their concentration.
- Picture A Song: Each week the class sings a new, well-known nursery rhyme. During the song, students are given large magnetic, colorful shapes. With these shapes the children assist their teacher in building a mural that best illustrates the nursery rhyme. This creative and engaging activity reinforces shape and color recognition, can act as a precursor to letter writing and counting, fosters verbal communication, and develops sorting skills.
- Animal Wheel: Let’s play the animal wheel is a wacky song for seeds matching game. Children spin a wheel to make a match – the front of one animal with the back of another…a cow/pig, a horse/sheep…moo/oink, neigh/baa, until…hooray! It is a joyful, surprising game for the kids that reinforces a variety of animal sounds and movements. This activity also exposes students to early phonetics, gives an outlet for emotional expression, and practices gross motor skills. Exposing babies to a variety of animals each week also helps them to convey information about the world around them.
- Numbers And Counting: The songs for seeds numbers section is pure magic! During this activity, kids help their teacher find the missing number–a new one each week. Once the missing number is revealed, it gives the teacher the ability to perform a (very silly) magic trick. The trick is followed by a number song that not only reinforces counting and addition, it’s possibly the catchiest song you’ve ever heard. Reinforcing numbers while counting up and down helps kids gain a basic sense of concepts such as greater than/less than or big and small.
- Sing With The Band: Every week, during the sing with the band section, the guitarist offers the microphone to any child who wants to come up and strut their stuff. The goal is to give students an opportunity to build confidence at their own pace. Teachers always let the children guide the flow and direct the fun. When a child sings a song from memory, an incredible process is happening in the brain called audiation, the musical equivalent of thinking in speech. Audiation is a child’s internal realization of music, a cognitive process where the brain gives meaning to musical sounds without hearing the notes playing in the outside world.
Try a FREE demo class
Sign up for your FREE CLASS today! Make plans to attend one of these FREE songs for seeds demo classes:
- Tuesday August 22 at 9:45 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- Wednesday August 23 at 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Friday August 25 at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Classes launch September 5th and will be held on Tuesdays at 9:45 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. and Fridays at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. All classes are held at Lakeway Taekwondo, 14532 Hamilton Pool Rd, Austin, TX 78738 (map).
Songs for seeds is giving away one FREE month of songs for seeds classes at the Austin-Bee Cave location. To enter this giveaway, simply fill out the form below. One entry per person, please. The giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, September 1, 2017. One winner will be selected at random and notified by email with instructions for claiming the prize. Official Giveaway rules.