Bluebonnet season is almost here! You’ve probably seen them popping up on the sides of the highways and peeking out of the dried winter grass, so let’s talk about the best places around Austin to capture photos of your loved ones in true Texas tradition. Our friend Sarah of Sarah Siller Photography has put together this list of tried and true bluebonnet-friendly spots around Austin.
Sarah is always on the lookout for the very best locations for photos with bluebonnets since it changes every year, so stay tuned for her list of 2017’s top photo spots. Meanwhile, we’ve listed some of her favorite locations in year’s past down below, so make sure to check those out if you’re up for hunting some bluebonnets!
You don’t have to drive to a park just to get good bluebonnet pictures. Blankets of flowers will pop up in empty lots, open fields, and greenbelts all over Austin. Some of Sarah’s favorite fields where bluebonnets have bloomed in the past include:
- The drainage ditch across the street from 2122 Park Bend Dr, Austin.
- Park Hills Baptist Church, 900 S MoPac Expy, Austin.
- Parkside Village (neighboring empty lot), 5701 Slaughter Ln, Austin.
- Wildflower Center parking lot, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin.
- Texas Municipal League (front lawn area right on 183 feeder), 1821 Rutherford Ln # 400, Austin.
- Dell, 1 Dell Way, Round Rock. (Note: This is private property, so it is possible that you may be asked to leave.)
- 45th St and Bull Creek, Austin.
Bluebonnet Mini Sessions
If you’d like a helping hand with your bluebonnet photos, Sarah Siller Photography is offering spring mini sessions for just $175! This includes a 30-minute session, three digital images (plus the option to purchase more), and a photo print release! To book your session, email [email protected] or call 512-576-2303.