If so, mark 11 AM on Saturday, July 25, 2015 in your calendar — that’s when Storytime LIVE! is bringing Curious George live and in person to educationally focused childcare provider Kiddie Academy in Pflugerville (2617 Kelly Ln, 78660; ph. 512-270-9988).
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
At this Storytime event, children and their parents will enjoy a story highlighted by a live, in-person visit from the story’s lead character, Curious George himself! Storytime LIVE! is open to everyone — current Kiddie Academy students as well as new friends who want to learn more about the school, or just anyone who loves Curious George and wants to share a special experience with their child.
Here are a few fun and fascinating facts about George!
- Curious George is a little monkey with insatiable curiosity. Like George, children are intrigued by new things. They’re natural explorers and scientists, and they’re anxious to know how things work.
- More than 60 million copies of Curious George books have been sold worldwide!
- Curious George first appeared in Cecily G and the Nine Monkeys, published in France in 1939. He was called Fifi in those editions.
- The Reys created Curious George Goes to the Hospital at the request of officials at Boston Children’s Hospital, who wanted a book to prepare children for a hospital stay. After it was published, many parents wrote to the Reys to tell them how effective the book was in reducing their child’s fear of hospitals.
- The Curious George books were a true collaboration. Hans Rey was usually in charge of the ideas and the illustrations, while Margret Rey handled the plot and the writing.
“Adding a live visit from a character in the story really helps to make Storytime LIVE! a memorable experience for the children,” says Eric Ng, owner of the Pflugerville Kiddie Academy. “Engaging children in a group in an exciting and enjoyable educational experience lays the groundwork for a successful transition into a school setting and a lifetime love of reading and learning.”
This Storytime LIVE! event is FREE, but does require an RSVP, so be sure to reserve your spot at KAStorytime.com.
Be sure to bring your camera to capture the smiles on your little one’s face!
Event info: Storytime LIVE!
- Saturday, July 25, 2015, 11 AM – 1 PM
- Kiddie Academy, 2617 Kelly Ln, Pflugerville, TX 78660
- Ph. 512-270-9988
- Reserve tickets here: KAStorytime.com
More about Kiddie Academy:
Kiddie Academy® has been a leader in education-based childcare since 1981, serving families and their children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old with full-time care, before- and after-school care and summer camp programs. Kiddie Academy’s proprietary Life Essentials® curriculum, supporting programs, methods, activities and techniques help prepare children for life. Kiddie Academy is using the globally recognized AdvancED accreditation system, signifying its commitment to quality education and the highest standards in child care. For more information, visit www.kiddieacademy.com.