Heartsong Music will offer free demo classes March 14 through March 26, 2016 in celebration of Sing With Your Child Month. Carey Youngblood, the Director of Heartsong Music, shares all you need to know to take advantage of this local Music Together® program that is celebrating it’s 11th Anniversary of bringing Music Together to families in Austin.
Celebrate Sing With Your Child Month with Heartsong Music!
March is a month that symbolizes rebirth and growth, reminding us of our most precious resource—our children! We celebrate Sing With Your Child Month in March to commemorate the importance of singing, dancing, and making music with our children.
Music making is integral to children’s overall development. In fact, a number of studies suggest that parents who make music with their children will help them develop better linguistic and cognitive capabilities. Childhood musical development is a natural process, just like language development, and the model of a music-making parent is essential to the child’s musical growth.
As parents, we have only a finite amount of time to connect with our children before they grow up. When we take the time to sing and make music as a family we form everlasting bonds, which ultimately allow our children to feel safe and secure as they grow, putting them on the road to future successes.
In addition to the bonding that occurs when parents sing and make music with their children, the children grow into confident music-makers who are able to participate with joy in the music of their culture. And, since music learning supports all learning®, the children’s creativity, self-expression, and confidence are also nurtured, as well as their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
Here is the beauty of making music with children: it doesn’t require any special skills or “musical talent.” In fact, this may be the one time in your life when they will always be thrilled with your participation—and want more! These experiences will live in your children’s memories for the rest of their lives and help them develop all the necessary qualities to grow into loving, confident adults.
The impact of singing and making music with your child is immeasurable, and the rewards of this simple act will help us make the world a much better place!
In celebration of Sing With Your Child Month, Heartsong Music is offering the following free Music Together® classes:
Music Together Mixed Aged (birth to 5 years old) at Various Austin Locations
- Monday, March 14th at the Wells Branch Library at 10:30am and 11:15am
- Wednesday, March 16th at Westbank Library at 10:30am
- Monday, March 21st Baby Bloomers at the Thinkery at 10:00am and 11:00am
- Tuesday, March 22nd at Book People at 10:30am
- Friday, March 25th at Baby Earth at 9:30am and 10:30am
Music Together Mixed Age (birth to 5 years old) at Heartsong Music
- Monday, March 21st at 9:30am, 10:45am, and 12pm
- Wednesday, March 23rd at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm and *6:30pm (*pajama time class)
- Thursday, March 24th at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm
- Saturday, March 26th at 9:30am, 10:45am, and 12:00pm
Music Together Mixed Age (birth to 5 years old) at Assisted Living Facilities
- Thursday, March 17th at Autumn Leaves Memory Care at 10:00am
- Tuesday, March 22nd at Brookdale Spicewood Springs at 10:00am
Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music
- Tuesday, March 22nd at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, March 23rd at 12:00pm
- Thursday, March 24th at 12:00pm
- Saturday, March 26th at 1:00pm
Music Together Big Kids (5 – 9 years old) at Heartsong Music
- Tuesday, March 22nd from 4:00pm-5:15pm
- Wednesday, March 23rd from 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Friday, March 25th from 1:30pm-2:45pm
Click here to sign up now for one of these free classes and please bring a friend, too!
Learn fun ways to sing and play musically with your child by joining Heartsong Music for the 10-week Spring Session of Music Together®, which starts March 28 and goes through June 6, 2016. Register now for the session online at www.HeartsongMusic.net or call (512) 371-9506.