ZACH Theatre is pleased to present the 2015-16 Family Series, featuring five exciting productions including three musicals: Winnie The Pooh, Holiday Heroes, and James and The Giant Peach; an inspiring bilingual play: Tomas and the Library Lady; and an interactive journey-play with Alice In Wonderland. The season kicks off on Friday, September 18, 2015 with Winnie the Pooh, a children’s musical that is sure to delight children and adults alike!
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Free Fun in Austin calendar is only for live digital events at this time.
Winnie the Pooh, everyone’s favorite willy nilly silly old bear, finds himself involved in all sorts of frantic adventures in this play for small children. Pooh’s intentions are always the best, but his passion for honey and condensed milk keeps getting him into trouble, despite help from such devoted friends as Eeyore, Piglet and Rabbit.
Come see A.A. Milne’s beloved cast of characters in this charming musical adaptation on ZACH’s Kleberg Stage, September 18 through December 12, 2015. Winnie the Pooh is recommended for ages 3 and up. Tickets are on sale now!
Special Offer for Free Fun in Austin Readers
Use the code ZACHFUN when buying tickets for any 2015-16 Theatre for Families show, including Winnie the Pooh, and you will save $2 per ticket!
Sensory Friendly Performance
New this season, each ZACH Family Series show will offer a sensory-friendly performance date for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families. This special performance of Winnie the Pooh will be offered on Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 11 a.m. At the sensory-friendly performance, ZACH will:
- make environmental alterations, including lighting, sound, and more relaxed house rules.
- use glow sticks to indicate where potentially loud noises, big movements, or changes may occur.
- offer general admission seating, to better accommodate individual family needs.
- offer more space to spread out in the theatre before, during, and after the performance.
- allow families to come and go as needed during the performance.
- provide quiet space in the lobby or on the plaza (should weather cooperate).
- There will be one 15-minute intermission.
- Performance run time is 55 minutes total.
- Outside food and drink will be allowed in the plaza area if there is specific diet needs.
- Staff will be on hand to help with any needs for you and your family.
We are very excited to give away four tickets to see Winnie the Pooh at ZACH Theatre! For your chance to win, simply fill out the form below. One winner will be selected on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 and notified by email. The winner may attend the show of their choice. Sweepstakes Official Rules.
If you cannot see the form below, please visit the original post to enter.