Got kids? Need affordable clothes and other items for your growing little ones — or need to clear out your closets and make a little cash? Either way, Fairytale Threads is for you! This local and locally run consignment event, held several times a year in Austin, is designed for families to shop new and gently loved items for great prices. Consignors can also turn clutter into cash! It’s all going down October 20–22 in south Austin, so mark your calendar for great deals on clothes, books, gear and toys for newborns on up to teens, maternity wear for expectant moms, and more. Best of all, there’s a giveaway — details at the bottom of this post!
Interested in Being a Consignor?
If making money while clearing out clutter sounds good to you, register to be a consignor at the next Fairytale Threads event! Make room for the holidays and make cash to help Santa. The consignor registration fee is just $10, and you’ll earn 60–80% of your items’ sale prices. Consignors who also volunteer will be invited to shop the Volunteer Presale, in exchange for helping this event run smoothly (note that consignors are not required to volunteer, but those who do make a higher percentage the more hours they donate). Click here to register as a consignor or here to learn about volunteering, or check out the consignor FAQs to learn more.
Special Presale Events
There are four ways to shop early at Fairytale Threads! These are a great way to avoid the crowds and get in before the public. (Note that children are not admitted to any presale event, though infants worn in a carrier are welcome; no strollers, please.)
- Consign — Volunteers shop first, followed by Consignors, on Tuesday 10/18.
- Super Shoppers Presale — Entrance to the Super Shoppers Presale is just $10/person; tickets are purchased in cash at the door at the time of the event. The Austin Fall Event will have a Super Shopper Presale at 6:30 PM on Tuesday 10/18.
- First Responders Presale will be from 5-9 PM on Wednesday 10/19. If you have a professional ID as a nurse, teacher, fire, EMS, police or active duty military, show it at the door to shop early Wednesday night!
- New Moms Presale — If you’re expecting your first or your first child is under six months old, sign up to shop early at the New Moms Presale on Wednesday 10/19 from 6-9 PM.
Fairytale Threads October Event Details
425 Woodward Street (north of Ben White, near S. Congress Blvd.)
• Super Shopper Presale: Tuesday, October 18, 6:30 PM ($10 admission)
• First Responders Presale: Wednesday, October 19, 5–9 PM (with professional ID)
• New Moms Presale: Wednesday, October 19, 6–9 PM (FREE for new mothers – register here)
• Thursday, October 20, 10 AM – 7 PM (FREE admission)
• Friday, October 21, 10 AM–7 PM *items marked “reduce” will be 25% off* (FREE admission)
• Saturday, October 22, 10 AM–4 PM *items marked “reduce” will be 50% off* (FREE admission)
Parking and admission to the event are FREE! Fairytale Threads accepts Visa, MasterCard and cash; click here for more shopping tips to make the most of your experience.
One Free Fun in Austin reader will win two Fairytale Threads presale passes for Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 6 p.m. and a $50 gift certificate for the Austin sale! To enter our giveaway, simply fill out the form below. The giveaway will close on October 11, 2016, at 11:59 PM. One winner will be selected at random and contacted by email. Official Giveaway Rules.