Eyelash extensions are great for enhancing and simplifying your beauty routine. With extensions, your look is complete from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep — no muss, no fuss, and no mascara needed. Waterstone Salon–owned by local parents Tim and Blanca Urano–is giving away eyelash extensions (a $250 value) to one Free Fun in Austin reader!The winner of this giveaway will visit Monica, a stylist with the Waterstone team, for their eyelash extensions. Monica uses synthetic mink lashes for her clients, since these are both natural-looking and affordable.
According to her professional bio, “Monica was born with glitter in her veins.” She’s been cutting and coloring friends’ and family members’ hair since she was a child, and has worked in salons in Southern California and Austin since 2007. Eyelash extensions are one of her specialties, along with hair color and extensions. She loves helping her clients achieve their ideal look by really listening to their desires, and teaching them how to use products and styling tools at home. When she’s not at the salon, Monica is enjoying being active with her dog, spending time with her family, trying new restaurants, traveling, and checking out all the great events around Austin.
Information and useful tips about eyelash extensions:
With proper care, your eyelash extensions will last 2–4 weeks without fills, and will last the longest if you come in for fills every 2–3 weeks. These appointments are shorter and less costly. Proper aftercare will protect your eyelash investment and ensure that you get the most out of each and every eyelash application.
In the first 24 hours:
Avoid getting your eyelashes wet for 24 hours after your procedure to allow the glue to cure (no showers, saunas, swimming, etc.) To wash your face in the first 24 hours, use a wet washcloth around your face, avoiding your eyes.
Other aftercare tips:
- Avoid Oils: Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturizers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your lash extensions.
- Be Gentle: Avoid touching and rubbing your eyes. Instead, pat your eyes gently. This is much better for the eyelashes as well as the sensitive skin around the eyes. Never pull off your eyelash extension, as it will pull out your natural eyelash. If you want your extensions removed, contact the salon for removal. Use cotton swabs to remove makeup by working gently around the eyelashes.
- Mascara is typically not needed, and it limits the lifetime of your extensions. If you choose to use mascara, avoid oil-based and waterproof varieties.
- Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions.
- If you use an eyelash curler, only use heated curlers.
- Maintenance: Book your next eyelash refill at 2½- to a maximum of 4-week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect.
- When you shower, keep a towel in easy reach so you can gently pat your eyes between washing and conditioning your hair. This saves you from rubbing your eyes to clear your vision, which might damage your extensions.
- After you shower, gently dry and shape your eyelashes using your hair dryer on the lowest setting. Hold the dryer at least eight inches below your face and gently coax the eyelashes with your index finger in an upward motion until they are dry.
Waterstone Salon is located in the heart of Austin, at 3106 Guadalupe St., Suite B-100, 78705 (across from Wheatsville Co-Op). Call 512-373-7546 to schedule your appointment for eyelash extensions or a host of other services.
To enter this eyelash extension giveaway, simply fill out the form below. By filling out the form, you are agreeing to the Sweepstakes Official Rules. One winner will be selected at random on July 27, 2015, and contacted by email.
If you cannot see the form below, please visit the original post to enter.