Dart’em Up is Austin’s newest foam dart sports arena and the first of its kind in Texas. Dart’em Up is a 12,500 square foot facility jam packed full of fun, excitement, and Nerf guns! Before you go check out my 5 Tips for Visiting Dart’em Up, then enter to win a free birthday party!
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Free Fun in Austin calendar is only for live digital events at this time.
5 Tips For Visiting Dart’em Up
- Bring your own Nerf gun. If you have your favorite Nerf gun be sure and bring it along. But before you do, head over to the Dart’em Up website to see if you have one of the guns that is not allowed.
- Leave the bullets at home. Do NOT bring any of your bullets from home. Dart’em Up has a billion bullets at its facility. Maybe not a billion but enough to last you and all the people you come with.
- Sign the waiver online. Head over to the Dart’em Up website and sign the waiver online to save some time. If you don’t, you will have to sign it when you get the facility and there are only three stations for waiver signups.
- Listen to all the rules and obey them. Before you get to start shooting and having fun, the staff will take you to the armory. The staff at Dart’em Up will get players equipped up with a gun and bullets. Most importantly, the staff will explain the rules. The rules are in place for players’ safety and refs do enforce them. I got kicked out of a game because I kept taking off my eye protection. Please listen to the refs at all times.
- Have fun. Parents and kids, just have fun! You get to run, play, shoot, and not have to clean up! Also, when playing the refs will have different games to play like capture the flag, one shot you’re out, and much more.
Dart’em Up Facility
There are two battle rooms inside Dart’em Up and three private party rooms, complete with big screen TVs. The two battle rooms are named Zombie Room and Austin Room. Each room has painted murals inside them that reflect the name of the room.
On some evenings Dart’em Up hosts glow party nights. The staff turns off all the lights and participants get to play under black lights. There is an age limit for glow nights, so head over to the Dart’em Up website to see if your kiddo can participate.
Dart’em Up Tour
Check out a little video tour of Dart’em Up below. You can also head over to the Texas Dad Blog YouTube Channel to see a video of me and my oldest in a Dad Vs. Son Epic Nerf Battle. Also, check out our Dart’em Up Vlog post.
Enter to Win
We’re excited to give away a birthday party at Dart’em Up (up to a $375 value!). The winner can choose from a Blaster Party for kids ages 5-11 or a VIP Party for kids ages 12-17. One winner will be selected at random on Wednesday, February 8, 2017 and contacted by email. One entry per person, please.