Heartsong Music will have an Open House and offer free demo classes December 10 – January 5 for families to experience Music Together® and learn more about this local business that has been serving families in Austin for over 13 years. Carey Youngblood, the Director of Heartsong Music, shares all you need to know to take advantage of this opportunity!
Where can you have uninterrupted musical playtime with your child, meet other moms, dads, and families, and be a part of a wonderful musical community while supporting your child’s musical development as she learns important life skills? At Heartsong Music!
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Free Fun in Austin calendar is only for live digital events at this time.
Heartsong Music teaches Music Together®, the internationally recognized music and movement program for children from birth through grade two—and the adults who love them. Beloved by millions of children, parents, and early childhood educators for 30 years, Music Together serves 2500 communities in over 40 countries and connects families across the globe as they express and explore the basic human instinct for making music!
Classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical and can learn to sing in tune and keep a beat, provided that their early environment supports such learning. The program also strongly emphasizes adult participation! Regardless of your own musical ability, you can learn to nurture and enhance your child’s musical development and experience the joy so many parents and caregivers feel while singing and dancing with other families. Even if you don’t think you are “especially musical,” Heartsong’s talented and highly trained teachers create a relaxed and playful environment that will help you feel comfortable discovering your own “inner musician!” Most adults say they grow musically, too, right along with their child!
Some benefits you can expect to receive from attending Music Together classes at Heartsong Music:
• Our classes provide an opportunity for music immersion with live singing, movement, and instrument play as well as exposure to a wide range of tonalities, meters, and rhythms.
• This is a fun activity that is inclusive of all members of your family. Parents, grandparents, and siblings all make music together in the same class.
• Both you and your child can meet new friends by connecting with our wonderful community of Heartsong families.
• Music Learning Supports All Learning®! Your child will experience growth in her social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development, and in her confidence, self-esteem, and creative expression.
• We honor all developmental stages and learning styles. Children participate at their own level, in a welcoming, supportive, non-performance oriented environment.
• You will receive new ideas on how to incorporate music into your daily life.
• You and your child will bond as you spend quality time together, while having fun being playful, silly, and creative!
• Music Together is a research-based music education program that supports your child’s development from birth through grade two.
Come see what this program is all about by signing up to attend a FREE Demo Class December 10 – January 5. Choose from one of the demo classes below and bring a friend, too!
Music Together Mixed Aged (birth to 5 years old) at Various Austin Locations
Monday, December 10 at the Wells Branch Library at 10:30am and 11:15am
Tuesday, December 11 at the Cedar Park Library at 9:45am, 10:30am and 11:15am
Tuesday, December 11 at Book People at 10:30am
Wednesday, December 19 at Westbank Library at 10:30am
Music Together Mixed Age (birth to 5 years old) at Heartsong Music
Wednesday, December 12 at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm and 6:00pm
Thursday, December 13 at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 5:15pm
Friday, January 4 at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm
Saturday, January 5 at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm
Music Together Mixed Age (birth to 5 years old) at Assisted Living Facilities
Wednesday, December 12 at Silverado Cedar Park at 10:00am
Friday, December 14 at Brookdale Northwest Hills at 10:00am
Friday, December 14 at Renaissance Retirement Residence at 10:15am
Thursday, December 20 at Pecan Ridge Memory Care at 10:00am
Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music
Tuesday, December 11 at 12:00pm
Wednesday, December 12 at 12:00pm
Thursday, December 13 at 12:00pm
Friday, January 4 at 12:00pm
Saturday, January 5 at 12:00pm
Music Together Rhythm Kids Level 1 (4 – 5 years old) at Heartsong Music
Wednesday, December 12 at 4:00pm
Music Together Rhythm Kids Level 2 (5 – 9 years old) at Heartsong Music
Thursday, December 13 at 4:00pm
Click here to sign up NOW for one of these free classes and please bring a friend, too!
Learn fun ways to sing and play musically with your child by joining us for our 10 week Winter Session of Music Together®, which starts January 7 – March 17. Register NOW for the session online at www.HeartsongMusic.net or call (512) 371-9506.