Listen to this post with Alexa!
Whether you’ve been busting your butt at the gym since January or want to get back into working out, you’ll have to do it at home right now. All gyms have been ordered to close, including gyms in apartment complexes. As a result, this is posing a problem for those who want to get a workout in and don’t know what exercises to do on their own.
That’s why we put together a list of free workouts you can do in your living room or backyard. From high-intensity workouts to a meditation yoga flow, here are some workouts to keep your activity up and your stress level down.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
- 24 Hour Fitness: Download the app for free right now which includes Les Mills hosted classes with audio and coaching.
- 305 Fitness: Dance it out with a 50 minute live stream cardio dance class. Classes are twice a day, 12 p.m. and 6 p.m., and hosted by founder of 305 Fitness, Sadie Kurzban.
- Bandier: Even though Bandier focuses on workout clothes, they’ve switched gears to make sure you’re still staying active at home. Tune in everyday at 3 p.m. to their live Instagram video for toning and sculpting workouts.
- Barry’s Bootcamp: Check out their Instagram live stream video everyday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. for 20 minutes bodyweight workouts. Workouts are led by CEO Joey Gonzalez and VP of Curriculum Chris Hudson.
- Blink Fitness: Tune in on Facebook every morning at 7 a.m., Monday through Friday, for a workout that can be done in your living room. The fitness instructor walks you through each move!
- Blogilates: Blog + pilates = Blogilates! Created by fitness expert, Casey Ho, this YouTube channel has plenty of fun workouts you can do at home. She also created a 14-day quarantine workout plan to keep yourself accounted for and add some structure to your day.
- CorePower Yoga: Choose from a limited amount of their yoga classes on their site. All classes are 30 minutes to 1 hour long. Not sure what class is for you? Check out their “Format” tab to figure out how much you want to sweat.
- Fitness Blender: Maintain your healthy lifestyle with over 600 workout videos, recipes, and an online community. All for free!
- Gold’s Gym: Designed specifically for at home workouts, Gold’s Gym is offering workouts for free on their app through the end of May. Choose from over 600 workouts like bodyweight, HIIT, core strength, and more.
- Life Time: Check out the most popular classes in video form from Life Time! All videos have a preview of the class length, equipment, cardio and strength level, and a brief class description.
- Lululemon: This super popular workout clothing brand is hosting workouts, yoga flows, meditations, and tips for self-care all on their Instagram live feed everyday.
- Nike Training Club: Currently offered for FREE, the Nike Training Club app helps you reach your fitness goals with expertly designed workouts from world-class Nike Master Trainers. NTC provides workouts for everything from bodyweight-only sessions, invigorating yoga classes, targeted training programs, and full-equipment home workouts for all fitness levels.
- Orangetheory At Home: This popular nation-wide gym is hosting 30 minute workouts on their website. Weights are recommended but not required.
- Peloton: You don’t need one of the fancy Peloton bikes to do these workouts! For the next 90 days, the app is free for new users. Workouts include yoga, meditation, strength, stretching, and bodyweight cardio.
- Planet Fitness: Tune into their “Work-In” live stream workout everyday at 6 p.m. Workouts are about 20 minutes each, no equipment required!
- Retro Fitness: Everyday at 5 p.m. Retro Fitness is hosting a free workout on their Facebook page. They also have fun home workout activities like “Home Workout Bingo” that are downloadable to share with friends.
- Rumble: If you’ve always wanted to try boxing, but been too nervous, now is your chance! Everyday at 8 a.m., tune into Rumble’s live Instagram feed for a cardio and bodyweight workout. No equipment necessary!
- YMCA 360: If you’re looking for workouts for all different ages, head to YMCA 360. Choose from classes like bootcamp, yoga, and Tai Chi. They also provide classes for active older adults and youth sports performance based classes.
- Yoga with Adriene: If you’re looking for something more low-key, check out the popular Adriene Mishler’s YouTube videos. Workouts include morning routines, post-run stretching, or movements for neck pain.
During this time, it’s important to stay active and keep up with a routine! Get outside and take a walk or go for a run, just be sure to stay at least six feet away from anyone who’s doing the same. Exercise will keep you focused and productive, while also boosting your mood.