Who says all of the fun that Austin has to offer has to be saved for the weekend? This list, brought to you thanks to our partnership with KXAN, will have you enjoying yoga, building a home for your cat, and getting into some old fashioned Halloween fun. Ready? Let’s go!
Pints and Poses – Fundraiser for Mexico City Earthquake
– Monday, October 9 at 6:30 p.m. Hyatt Regency in downtown Austin’s October “Pints & Poses” class will provide a raffle option for guests in which proceeds will benefit Topos de Tlatelolco and the Mexican Red Cross in their efforts to aid those impacted by the earthquake in Mexico City. The event includes complimentary yoga hosted by Barcelo, accompanied by live, meditative music by a yoga DJ. Following the yoga class, participants will receive a coupon for a complimentary draft beer at Hyatt Regency Austin’s newly renovated Marker 10 bar. Hyatt Regency Austin, 208 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
Build Your Own Cat Castle
– Wednesday, October 11 from 6-9 p.m. Choose from over 20 types of cat castles to create at this free event! Craft materials are provided at the cat café, but feel free to bring your own. Blue Cat Café, 95 Navasota St, Austin.
Pink Wine Walk
– Thursday, October 12 from 5-9 p.m. Hill Country Galleria is teaming up with Susan G. Komen Austin for the October Pink Wine Walk where guests can sip and shop their way through the Galleria while enjoying wine samples, light bites, complimentary pinks swag bags, and the chance to enter to win items from Galleria merchants. There will also be a booth with breast cancer information and the chance to make a donation to the cause, as well as a donation-based barre3 class with proceeds benefiting Komen Austin. Hill Country Galleria, 12700 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave.
Science Under the Stars
– Thursday, October 12 from 7-9:30 p.m. Science Under the Stars is a free public outreach lecture series held outdoor at Brackenridge Field Laboratory. October’s lecture will be all about animal development and reproduction. The event includes food, a guided tour of the field lab (wear sturdy shoes and bring water), kid’s activities, and displays of local animals and plants. Brackenridge Field Laboratory, 2907 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin.
Community Cinema: Hocus Pocus
– Friday, October 13 at 7 p.m. Mobile Loaves & Fishes invites you to a free movie night at their Community First! Village. Bring chairs and a blanket to enjoy the Halloween classic, Hocus Pocus
, with family, friends, and dogs on leashes. The event starts at 7 p.m. so you can pick your spot and grab some snacks (available for purchase, cash preferred), with the movie starting at sundown. Though the event is free, a $5 donation is appreciated when you RSVP to the event, as proceeds benefit this great nonprofit. Community First! Village, 9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin.