This year, the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is not offering free admission during the month of January as it has in the past. But, you still have a chance to visit for free!
On Saturday, January 24, 2015, the Center will offer free admission for the Tree Talk Winter Walk, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
TreeFolks is providing native tree saplings to those who complete the scavenger hunt.
The Cafe will be in the Arboretum also with hot beverages and snack food (cash only).
Schedule of Activities:
Walks & Talks
(Meet at the sale area)
- Fire Ecology with Dick Davis
- Oak Wilt with Chris Dolan
- Preparing Trees for Extreme Summer Heat with Don Gardner
- Urban Forests with Brad Hamel
- Heritage Trees with Damon Waitt
- Kids’ Tree Climb sponsored by They Might Be Monkeys! Texas Tree & Land Co. (Oak Motte Area)
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Fort Building (By Tree Climb)
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Scavenger Hunt
- Discovery Tables (featuring trees, leaves, berries, bark, bird nests)
- Count Tree Rings
- What Comes from a Tree
For more information, visit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center website.
Austin, Texas 78739