Several summer feeding program sites in Austin and beyond will be offering free breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks from June 1 to August 30, 2013, excluding weekends. Free nutritious meals for children 18 and younger are provided through the Summer Food Service Program, which was created to ensure that children in low-income areas could continue to receive nutritious meals during long school vacations, when they do not have access to school lunch or breakfast. No registration or identification is needed.
To find your nearest summer food service meal site and its serving days and times:
- Click here
- Enter your zip code or address
- Select the meal type that you are searching for (or “All”)
- Enter a date, between June 1, 2013 and August 30, 2013
- Click “Search Sites”
- Click the minus sign at the top left of the map to zoom out and see a larger quantity of sites.
- Hover over the red pin on the map with your cursor to view a pop-up box with site information and type of meals served.
- Select the “Sites List” tab at the top of the map to see a list of site addresses, including contact information and serving times.
- Check the map regularly, as site information is updated daily.
Contact (877) TEX-MEAL for assistance with sites or program related questions.