Heartsong Music will offer free demo classes March 19th through March 25th in celebration of Sing With Your Child Month. Carey Youngblood, the Director of Heartsong Music, shares all you need to know to take advantage of this local Music Together® program that is celebrating its 10th Anniversary of bringing Music Together to families in Austin.
Celebrate Sing With Your Child Month with Heartsong Music!
March is a month that symbolizes rebirth and growth, reminding us of our most precious resource—our children! We celebrate Sing With Your Child Month in March to commemorate the importance of singing, dancing, and making music with our children.
Music making is integral to children’s overall development. In fact, a number of studies suggest that parents who make music with their children will help them develop better linguistic and cognitive capabilities. Childhood musical development is a natural process, just like language development, and the model of a music-making parent is essential to the child’s musical growth.
As parents, we have only a finite amount of time to connect with our children before they grow up. When we take the time to sing and make music as a family we form everlasting bonds, which ultimately allow our children to feel safe and secure as they grow, putting them on the road to future successes.
In addition to the bonding that occurs when parents sing and make music with their children, the children grow into confident music-makers who are able to participate with joy in the music of their culture. And, since music learning supports all learning®, the children’s creativity, self-expression, and confidence are also nurtured, as well as their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
Here is the beauty of making music with children: it doesn’t require any special skills or “musical talent”. In fact, this may be the one time in your life when they will always be thrilled with your participation—and want more! These experiences will live in your children’s memories for the rest of their lives and help them develop all the necessary qualities to grow into loving, confident adults.
The impact of singing and making music with your child is immeasurable, and the rewards of this simple act will help us make the world a much better place!
In celebration of Sing With Your Child Month, Heartsong Music is offering the following free Music Together® classes:
- Thursday, March 19th — Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 12:30pm
- Monday, March 23rd — Music Together Mixed-Age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, 3:30pm, 4:45pm, and 6:30pm* (*Pajama Class – your child can wear his or her pajamas to this class!)
- Tuesday, March 24th — Music Together Mixed-Age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 3:30pm, and 4:45pm
- Tuesday, March 24th — Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 12:00pm
- Tuesday, March 24th — Music Together Big Kids (designed for children age 5 to 7, but 8- and even 9-year-olds love and benefit from participation in the program) at Heartsong Music at 4:00pm
- Wednesday, March 25th — Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 12:00pm
Click here to sign up now for one of these free classes and please bring a friend, too!
Learn fun ways to sing and play musically with your child by joining us for our 10-week Spring Session of Music Together®, which starts March 30th and goes through June 8th. Register NOW for the session online at www.HeartsongMusic.net or call (512) 371-9506.