Heartsong Music will have an Open House and offer free demo classes August 25th through September 5th for families to experience Music Together® and learn more about this local business that has been serving families in Austin for over 10 years. Carey Youngblood, the Director of Heartsong Music, shares all you need to know to take advantage of this opportunity!
Where can you have uninterrupted musical playtime with your child, meet other moms, dads, and families, and be a part of a wonderful musical community while supporting your child’s musical development as she learns important life skills? At Heartsong Music!
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Free Fun in Austin calendar is only for live digital events at this time.
Heartsong Music teaches Music Together®, the internationally recognized music and movement program for children from birth through grade two—and the adults who love them. Beloved by millions of children, parents, and early childhood educators for over 25 years, Music Together serves 2500 communities in over 40 countries and connects families across the globe as they express and explore the basic human instinct for making music!
Classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical and can learn to sing in tune and keep a beat, provided that their early environment supports such learning. The program also strongly emphasizes adult participation! Regardless of your own musical ability, you can learn to nurture and enhance your child’s musical development and experience the joy so many parents and caregivers feel while singing and dancing with other families. Even if you don’t think you are “especially musical,” Heartsong’s talented and highly trained teachers create a relaxed and playful environment that will help you feel comfortable discovering your own “inner musician!” Most adults say they grow musically, too, right along with their child!
Some benefits you can expect to receive from attending Music Together classes at Heartsong Music:
- Our classes provide an opportunity for music immersion with live singing, movement, and instrument play as well as exposure to a wide range of tonalities, meters, and rhythms.
- This is a fun activity that is inclusive of all members of your family. Parents, grandparents, and siblings all make music together in the same class.
- Both you and your child can meet new friends by connecting with our wonderful community of Heartsong families.
- Music Learning Supports All Learning®! Your child will experience growth in her social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development, and in her confidence, self-esteem, and creative expression.
- We honor all developmental stages and learning styles. Children participate at their own level, in a welcoming, supportive, non-performance oriented environment.
- You will receive new ideas on how to incorporate music into your daily life.
- You and your child will bond as you spend quality time together, while having fun being playful, silly, and creative!
- Music Together is a research-based music education program that supports your child’s development from birth through grade two.
Come see what this program is all about by signing up to attend a FREE Demo Class August 25th through September 5th. Choose from one of the demo classes below and bring a friend, too!
Tuesday, September 1st – Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 12:00pm
Tuesday, September 1st – Music Together Big Kids (5 to 9 years old) at Heartsong Music at 4:00pm
Wednesday, September 2nd – Music Together Mixed-age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm, or *6:30pm (*Pajama Class – Your child can wear his or her pajamas to this class.)
Wednesday, September 2nd – Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 12:00pm
Wednesday, September 2nd – Music Together Big Kids (5 to 9 years old) at Heartsong Music at 6:30pm
Thursday, September 3rd – Music Together Mixed-age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, 12:00pm, 3:30pm, or 4:45pm
Thursday, September 3rd – Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 12:30pm
Friday, September 4th – Music Together Big Kids (5 to 9 years old) at Heartsong Music at 1:30pm
Saturday, September 5th – Music Together Mixed-age (birth to 5) at Heartsong Music at 9:30am, 10:45am, or 12:00pm
Saturday, September 5th – Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music at 1:00pm
Heartsong Music is proud to celebrate over 10 years of family music making in Austin! We invite you to be a part of our musical community and register NOW for our Fall Session of classes! The 12-week Fall Session starts September 8th and goes through December 7th. You can register now online at www.HeartsongMusic.net or by calling (512) 371-9506.