Fischer Park is a new park, playground, and sprayground located a short drive south of Austin in New Braunfels.
The largest park in the New Braunfels park system, Fischer Park offers over two miles of greenway trails, two fishing ponds, opportunities to splash around and cool off at the sprayground, two fun new playgrounds with areas for both younger and older kids, beautiful views of the hill country from its hilltop location, and more!
Fischer Park Information
Address: 1820 Old McQueeney Road, New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Hike and Bike Trails
- Fishing Ponds
- Picnic Facilities
- Fischer Park Nature Education Center
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Archeology Dig
- Monarch Waystation
The Sprayground: In addition to the fantastic new playgrounds, Fischer park offers a fun splash pad with a variety of interactive water toys that spray, spout, mist and pour.
- The sprayground is open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- No pets, food, or drinks are allowed in the sprayground area.
- Neat fact: The water from the sprayground is captured in the fishing ponds and reused for irrigation.
- The Nature Education Center offers a variety of programs and events to help kids explore the natural world. View a list of their current and upcoming programs here.
- The Monarch Waystation provides larval and nectar sources for Monarchs and other butterflies.
- The Archeology Dig lets young archaeologists dig for dinosaur fossils buried in the sand.
Picnic Areas: The park offers several picnic areas, beautiful covered pavilions, and an outdoor amphitheater, all of which can be reserved or rented for private use. Information about rental rates and procedures can be found here.
Fischer Park is a great new addition to the parks in and around Austin. With all of the fun and interactive features it offers, it’s worth the short drive to New Braunfels to keep your family entertained for hours.
For more information, visit the City of New Braunfels website.