This has been the summer of the diving board for my fearless 7- and 9-year-old boys. Finally tall enough, and strong enough swimmers, they are on a mission to jump into water from any high surface I’ll allow. From Barton Springs to Veterans Memorial Pool, they’ve tried some great boards, but so far the three-meter high dive at El Salido Pool in Anderson Mill has won their little daredevil hearts.
El Salido Pool–located in North Austin, not too far from Lakeline Mall–was also a hit with my 2-year-old, thanks to the large water playscape in the toddler pool. This shallow zone for little tikes has a beach entrance and a maximum depth of 1′ 6″. There is plenty of entertainment for the littles, and their parents who get drenched keeping a close eye on them.
The toddler pool is partially shaded on one side, with plenty of nearby seating. There is also seating in the middle of the two pools, if you have children swimming in both.
In the two hours we spent at the pool, this toddler area never got crowded. But, if you want to make sure it is big-kid free when you visit, El Salido Pool offers Parent and Tot Swim, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Children must be 7 years old to use the 3-meter high board.
- All divers must be able to swim across the pool.
- No floatation devices of any kind may be used on the diving board.
- The diving boards may be closed when swimming lanes are made available.
- All kids under age 7 must be kept within arms reach at all times.
- No outside toys (but there are pool noodles and basketballs provided for community use).
- Complimentary life vests are available to borrow.
- See all Pool Use Policies.
June 6-August 24, 2015
- Parent & Tot Swim: 9-10 a.m.
- Public Open Swim: 12:15-8 p.m.
- Open Swim: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- $5 for adults age 18+.
- $3 for infants and children under 18.
- See all resident and non-resident fees.
Address & Phone:
El Salido Pool
11500 El Salido Pkwy
Austin, TX 78750