On Sunday, August 23, 2015, from 1-6 p.m, ten of Austin’s best and brightest arts organizations invite you to an unprecedented joint effort – the Austin Arts Block Party, celebrating more than 138 shows, concerts, exhibits and events through the 2015-16 season. Never before have so many of Austin’s leading arts organizations collaborated on this scale, inviting the public to preview upcoming productions, enjoy performances, a Kids’ Zone, and exclusive tours.
This free event is open to the public and offers some of the year’s very best discount ticket opportunities. RSVP here!
- Visitors will be treated to previews from the upcoming seasons of Austin’s premier performing arts organizations.
- Live performances will take place throughout the day in the Long Center’s Rollins Studio Theatre and Michael & Susan Dell Hall.
- Staff from each organization will be on hand to answer questions, book subscriptions, and sell single tickets.
- Visitors can enjoy live music from 1-2:30 p.m. on ZACH’s campus in advance of the final performance of Sophisticated Ladies.
- Following the block party, at 7:30 p.m., guests are invited to enjoy Big Band music at the free Hartman Foundation concert in the park presented by Austin Symphony Orchestra. It will be your last chance to enjoy free music on the Long Center terrace this summer!
Participating Austin Arts Organizations include:
- Austin Opera
- Austin Symphony Orchestra
- Austin Shakespeare
- Ballet Austin
- Long Center Presents
- Pollyanna Theatre Company
- Tapestry Dance Company
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- ZACH Theatre
Admission is free. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
All visitors will have the chance to enter a Grand Prize Giveaway which includes tickets to dozens of performances in the upcoming seasons of all of participating organizations, a nearly $15,000 value, so be sure to RSVP on the Long Center website.
The Long Center
701 W. Riverside Dr.
Austin, TX 78704