True story: I have a Groupon voucher in my car from 2010. I keep it there because I know that one day I am going to eat at that restaurant and remember to take the voucher out of the car when I do. Probably. But in the meantime, Groupon has launched a new program for voucher-challenged individuals like myself: Cash-Back Deals. There are more than 100 Austin restaurant deals that you can claim online for free and link to your eligible Visa card today!
Save on Eating Out with Groupon’s Cash-Back Deals
True story number two: I was introduced to Groupon’s new Cash-Back Deals last week and was super excited to see that Big Fat Greek Gyros was on the list of Austin restaurants offering cash back. The very next day, I was on Rainey Street and saw the Big Fat Greek Gyros food truck. I thought, “Oh my gosh! I love Big Fat Greek Gyros! I should eat there.” So I did. Completely forgetting about the cash back option until after I had paid. Dang it. If I had remembered seconds earlier, I could have easily claimed the deal on my phone and gotten free money back on my next credit card statement.
I handled this setback by immediately claiming Groupon’s 25% cash back deal for 3 Train Pizzeria, because I have a lunch date there soon, and the 15% cash back for Hey Cupcake!, because cupcakes. I will not be foiled by forgetfulness again (the deals are now linked to my card, so my brain firing on all cylinders is not a requirement).
Check out the long list of participating Austin restaurants –the photos of treats and good eats are sure to make your mouth water–then claim the deals you’re interested in now, so you don’t have to remember later.
How to Use Groupon’s Cash-Back Deals
It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Claim your deal (free!) and link it to your eligible Visa card. Eat out (whoop whoop!) and pay with your linked Visa card. Get cash credited back to your credit or debit card, within a few days, as long as the deal is valid. If you don’t use the claimed deal, no biggie. You pay nothing, you lose nothing.
FAQs and Fine Print
- You must have a Groupon account (it’s free to set one up). You will be asked to log in when you try to claim a deal.
- You will enter your Visa information online, but there will be no charge to claim the deal on Groupon.
- After you’ve entered your Visa info, you can claim as many deals as you like. You won’t have to re-enter your card number.
- Use a deal instantly, and as many times as you want, until it expires.
- Each deal has its own fine print, which you can read before claiming. Most say something along the lines of: “Deal is valid for unlimited cash back (in the form of statement credits) for 30 days after the deal is claimed. Groupon may automatically re-claim this deal on your behalf on a rolling basis.”
Have more questions? Check out Groupon’s Learn More page.
This post was sponsored by Groupon for information purposes only. There are no affiliate links in this post. We will not profit if you click on any of the links.