Austin Sunshine Camps has provided Austin’s youth with a fun filled summer camp experience since 1928. With their mission to create a better future and stronger community through mentoring, education and personal development of our low income youth, the camp focuses on children living below the poverty line and strives to strengthen them against obstacles that could threaten their mental and physical well being.
Since its inception, a single summer camp has grown into an entire series of weeklong camps during the summer, a year-round leadership training program, and several scholarships for Sunshine Campers who graduate from high school. This year Austin Sunshine Camp expects to welcome 480 children ages 8 – 13, completely free of charge.
Note: In the summer of 2014, the Zilker Park camp will be closed for renovations and will not host summer camp. For 2014 ONLY, Austin Sunshine Camp will have 8-13 year olds at the Lake Travis facility.
- Session 1: June 9 – June 14
- Session 2: June 18 – June 23
- Session 3: June 27 – July 2
- Session 4: July 6 – July 11
- Session 5: July 15 – July 20
- Session 6: July 24 – July 29
- Session 7: August 2 – August 7
- Session 8: August 11 – August 16
Sunshine Camp is FREE to those who are selected from the application process. To apply a camper, visit the online application. Before filling out the application please have the following information available:
- school and grade of camper
- food stamps case # (if applicable)
- AFDC case # (if applicable)
- family income level
- Social Security # of head of household
- food allergies and any medication campers need to take